PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my 427W stroker on the road

Tony Radford
October 21st, 2003, 10:03 AM
I was able to pick up my car from Bill's shop yesterday. I can't belive the difference between this new stroker and my previous 351. This new motor has been tweaked to the max. It's like driving a completely different car (for the better)! It sounds like a formula 1 motor with the aluminum flywheel, lightweight pistons, BG Mighty Demon carb. and billet aluminum roller rockers.

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/tony radford/Rhonda III.jpg

Okiesnake
October 21st, 2003, 10:33 AM
Ok, I'm jealous!

Okiesnake
October 21st, 2003, 10:33 AM
Ok, I'm jealous!

Brent
October 21st, 2003, 09:13 PM
Nice motor Tony. I had to get my sunglasses to look directly at the picture.

Valvetrain ?
Heads?

Brent

Brent
October 21st, 2003, 09:13 PM
Nice motor Tony. I had to get my sunglasses to look directly at the picture.

Valvetrain ?
Heads?

Brent

Tony Radford
October 22nd, 2003, 09:46 AM
Brent, I'm running TFS Twisted Wedge heads with max additional porting, aluminum roller rockers, port-matched Vic. Jr. intake, Barry Grant Mighty Demon carb, Scat stroker crank, lightweight pistons, H-beam rods, solid flat tappet cam .544 lift, .294 duration, 108 degree lobe centers, aluminum flywheel, high volume aluminum water pump, Holly mechanical fuel pump, March Performance billet aluminum bracketry, lots of polish and yes, a touch of chrome.

Tony Radford
October 22nd, 2003, 09:46 AM
Brent, I'm running TFS Twisted Wedge heads with max additional porting, aluminum roller rockers, port-matched Vic. Jr. intake, Barry Grant Mighty Demon carb, Scat stroker crank, lightweight pistons, H-beam rods, solid flat tappet cam .544 lift, .294 duration, 108 degree lobe centers, aluminum flywheel, high volume aluminum water pump, Holly mechanical fuel pump, March Performance billet aluminum bracketry, lots of polish and yes, a touch of chrome.

Brent
October 22nd, 2003, 08:42 PM
That is a nice piece! Bet she likes to look for the rev limiter any chance she gets.
I built a 408 for a friend this summer that he put in a Fox body mustang with a Tremec. [:O] These motors really make me ponder my BB decision. I am amazed how many aftermarket parts are becomming available for the windsor. Maybe we will have as many resources as the chevy guys someday.

Looks like a " no expense spared" build.

Congrats!

Brent

Brent
October 22nd, 2003, 08:42 PM
That is a nice piece! Bet she likes to look for the rev limiter any chance she gets.
I built a 408 for a friend this summer that he put in a Fox body mustang with a Tremec. [:O] These motors really make me ponder my BB decision. I am amazed how many aftermarket parts are becomming available for the windsor. Maybe we will have as many resources as the chevy guys someday.

Looks like a " no expense spared" build.

Congrats!

Brent

Tony Radford
October 22nd, 2003, 10:32 PM
Brent, I'm sure I could have spent more, but I would have to pull my daughter out of college. It was big bucks for a regular working guy, but I eat, sleep and drink this car. I can't describe how much fun I've had owning my Unique for the past year and a half. I'm really excited about attending my first car show since I've gotten this new motor. I'm still cleaning her up after the major surgery. Barking the tires in the first three gears with no effort is a blast! And I have no rev limiter. The car came with a 6A, not 6AL. I think the beauty of a high-performing SB is still being able to work on the engine without hiring a contortionist to get to some of the hardware.

Tony Radford
October 22nd, 2003, 10:32 PM
Brent, I'm sure I could have spent more, but I would have to pull my daughter out of college. It was big bucks for a regular working guy, but I eat, sleep and drink this car. I can't describe how much fun I've had owning my Unique for the past year and a half. I'm really excited about attending my first car show since I've gotten this new motor. I'm still cleaning her up after the major surgery. Barking the tires in the first three gears with no effort is a blast! And I have no rev limiter. The car came with a 6A, not 6AL. I think the beauty of a high-performing SB is still being able to work on the engine without hiring a contortionist to get to some of the hardware.