PDA

View Full Version : Pewter Paddle style toggle switches

Joe LaFives
November 2nd, 2003, 11:54 PM
Hi all. As some of you may be aware, I bought my Unique FIA used about a year ago. I've slowly been repairing and replacing odd items as the car is ten years old. One of the toggle switches broke a couple of weeks ago and I'm looking for a replacement. They are metal paddle style and pewter colored. Did these come from Unique or are they something the original owner might have picked up?

Thanks

Scott

Mike Geddes
November 3rd, 2003, 01:23 AM
Your car is about the same vintage as mine.
The toggle switches came with the kit.
I have never seen this old fashion style of switch in the aftermarket.
The insulated body is made out of what I would call 'bakerlite' (UK )
I haven't seen that used since I was ..?????
I might be showing my age.
Mike

Mike Geddes

Mike Geddes
November 3rd, 2003, 01:23 AM
Your car is about the same vintage as mine.
The toggle switches came with the kit.
I have never seen this old fashion style of switch in the aftermarket.
The insulated body is made out of what I would call 'bakerlite' (UK )
I haven't seen that used since I was ..?????
I might be showing my age.
Mike

Mike Geddes

Joe LaFives
November 3rd, 2003, 06:04 AM
Actually my switches have a metal case, not bakelite, with "mexico" stamped on the bottom"

Joe LaFives
November 3rd, 2003, 06:04 AM
Actually my switches have a metal case, not bakelite, with "mexico" stamped on the bottom"

eliminator
November 3rd, 2003, 09:00 PM
Joe,
You can get replacement Lucas switches from Finishline, these are the original type. I have replaced all my Unique switches with the Lucas switches. If you didn't want to do that call or e-mail Maurice Weaver and he will sell you replacement switches like you have in your car.

Eliminator

eliminator
November 3rd, 2003, 09:00 PM
Joe,
You can get replacement Lucas switches from Finishline, these are the original type. I have replaced all my Unique switches with the Lucas switches. If you didn't want to do that call or e-mail Maurice Weaver and he will sell you replacement switches like you have in your car.

Eliminator

Brent
November 4th, 2003, 12:47 AM
I really like the look of the Lucas switches. They seem to "blend" better with the dash.

Brent

Brent
November 4th, 2003, 12:47 AM
I really like the look of the Lucas switches. They seem to "blend" better with the dash.

Brent