PDA

View Full Version : New member here, and car update!

bittentoo
November 6th, 2003, 06:33 AM
New here and wanted to say Hi!
Some of you know me on the Club Cobra forum and have been very helpful with your cobra advice. By the way, thanks casaleenie for sending me the private message and reminding me to join over here!

As all of you know, it takes a lot of planning, time and work to get one of these cars started. I know that things will change but here are the details of my car as they stand:
Most important, did I tell anyone that my 427 SC is going to be Orange? Just got off of the phone with my painter, Bruce Bunn out of Atlanta, and he is very excited about the color we picked out. It is a Lamborghini color, "Arancio Orange" and will have white stripes. He loved the color so much, he gave it to a buddy that is building a street rod.
On the engine stand ia a 71 351c with the closed chamber 4 barrel heads that is going in the car.It has a Comp 268A cam. Ordered today, Crane roller rockers, new push rods and guides, X-CELerator 4V intake, Lakewood bellhousing, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch assm. and T.O. bearing. This is all going in front of a wide ratio top loader, 3:55 posi in the rear.
Went with the Compomotive 15" wheels.
Black interior.
And all of the chrome that I can put on it[^]
Speaking of chrome,where can I get the sidepipes chromed?
Also, what clutch/slave cylinder setups are you cleveland guys running?
Enough for now, I know that I will have a thousand questions in the near future:D:D:D

OH, did I tell you that it will be Orange[8D][8D][8D]

Brent
November 6th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Welcome!!!!

Post lots of pics

Brent

Brent
November 6th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Welcome!!!!

Post lots of pics

Brent

casaleenie
November 6th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Bittentoo,

Glad to see you made it...
Congrats on the car...

Al/Casaleenie

AL

casaleenie
November 6th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Bittentoo,

Glad to see you made it...
Congrats on the car...

Al/Casaleenie

AL

pgermond
November 6th, 2003, 11:48 AM
You will find this forum very useful.... I know I have :D

Welcome aboard!

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

pgermond
November 6th, 2003, 11:48 AM
You will find this forum very useful.... I know I have :D

Welcome aboard!

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

eliminator
November 9th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Are you by any chance from Knoxville or Austin???? Or TN / TX. Up here in Louisville, KY is Red w/ white Stripes.

Eliminator

eliminator
November 9th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Are you by any chance from Knoxville or Austin???? Or TN / TX. Up here in Louisville, KY is Red w/ white Stripes.

Eliminator

clayfoushee
November 20th, 2003, 09:11 AM
You might want to consider not chroming those side pipes. I would recommend going with a ceramic coating from Jet Hot (just do a Google search and look at their Sterling coating), or other local company that does ceramic coatings good for at least 1300 degrees. Chrome won't stand up to those temps. The ceramic coatings are bright, but not as bright as chrome.

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler

clayfoushee
November 20th, 2003, 09:11 AM
You might want to consider not chroming those side pipes. I would recommend going with a ceramic coating from Jet Hot (just do a Google search and look at their Sterling coating), or other local company that does ceramic coatings good for at least 1300 degrees. Chrome won't stand up to those temps. The ceramic coatings are bright, but not as bright as chrome.

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler