PDA

View Full Version : Differential Plates from Unique??

casaleenie
November 6th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Update on the plates by Unique? Hoping to get one in the mail anyday..

AL

ericeckhoff
November 7th, 2003, 09:12 AM
More details please. What is this about?
Thanks, Eric UNIQUE #9114
ericeckhoff@comcast.net[8D]

ericeckhoff
November 7th, 2003, 09:12 AM
More details please. What is this about?
Thanks, Eric UNIQUE #9114
ericeckhoff@comcast.net[8D]

weaver
November 7th, 2003, 10:27 AM
We got the plates back from the coaters today and will start sending them out Monday. These are the plates used to support the lower half shaft brackets, they tie the lower brackets together at the center section. The cost will be $40.00 plus shipping and it will include bolts.

Alan

weaver
November 7th, 2003, 10:27 AM
We got the plates back from the coaters today and will start sending them out Monday. These are the plates used to support the lower half shaft brackets, they tie the lower brackets together at the center section. The cost will be $40.00 plus shipping and it will include bolts.

Alan

ericeckhoff
November 7th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Thanks Al and Alan ! Sounds like another small winter project(therapy).

ericeckhoff
November 7th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Thanks Al and Alan ! Sounds like another small winter project(therapy).

TurnpikeBoy
November 8th, 2003, 04:08 AM
[?] Huh?

I'm missing something here....what are they for? Is there some movement of the mount brackets sufficient to warrant a retrofit of a new brace?

Curious. For older cars? - or all of 'em?

Yeehah

TurnpikeBoy
November 8th, 2003, 04:08 AM
[?] Huh?

I'm missing something here....what are they for? Is there some movement of the mount brackets sufficient to warrant a retrofit of a new brace?

Curious. For older cars? - or all of 'em?

Yeehah

Brent
November 9th, 2003, 01:21 AM
If you look at the bottom of the rearend housing you will see 8 threaded holes (5/16 fine thread) installing a plate will connect the two housing halves together.

Why?????

For 40.00 why not?????

Brent

Brent
November 9th, 2003, 01:21 AM
If you look at the bottom of the rearend housing you will see 8 threaded holes (5/16 fine thread) installing a plate will connect the two housing halves together.

Why?????

For 40.00 why not?????

Brent

Poorboy
November 9th, 2003, 04:52 AM
The housing is 1 piece, it's the brackets bolted to the housing that the lower arms pivot off of that the plate ties togeather.

Poorboy

Poorboy
November 9th, 2003, 04:52 AM
The housing is 1 piece, it's the brackets bolted to the housing that the lower arms pivot off of that the plate ties togeather.

Poorboy

casaleenie
November 9th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Alan,

If you come up with a total when you have time, I'll drop a check in the mail ASAP... thanks a million..

al schafer

AL

casaleenie
November 9th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Alan,

If you come up with a total when you have time, I'll drop a check in the mail ASAP... thanks a million..

al schafer

AL

dmiller
November 9th, 2003, 10:05 AM
i still don't know the answer to turnpikeboy's questions. what is this for, and is it something that new cars need, or just of older models.

thank you.

doug

dmiller
November 9th, 2003, 10:05 AM
i still don't know the answer to turnpikeboy's questions. what is this for, and is it something that new cars need, or just of older models.

thank you.

doug

Poorboy
November 9th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Doug;
It's for all of their cars.

Poorboy

Poorboy
November 9th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Doug;
It's for all of their cars.

Poorboy

dmiller
November 9th, 2003, 12:15 PM
what does it do? strengthen the rear end?

if so, i think i want one, but if it is cosmetic, i'll pass.

thank you.

doug

dmiller
November 9th, 2003, 12:15 PM
what does it do? strengthen the rear end?

if so, i think i want one, but if it is cosmetic, i'll pass.

thank you.

doug

casaleenie
November 9th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Dmiller,

I broke the forward drivers side bolt holding the lower control arm bracket to the differential.. (poorboy, am I explaining this correctly?)
The aftermarket plate will bolt to the brackets on either side of the differential helping to hold the bracket casting in place if a you should have a bolt break.. It could help guard against catastropic suspension failure. Just some additional protection...

AL

casaleenie
November 9th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Dmiller,

I broke the forward drivers side bolt holding the lower control arm bracket to the differential.. (poorboy, am I explaining this correctly?)
The aftermarket plate will bolt to the brackets on either side of the differential helping to hold the bracket casting in place if a you should have a bolt break.. It could help guard against catastropic suspension failure. Just some additional protection...

AL

dmiller
November 9th, 2003, 09:40 PM
thank you, now i understand, and will call to order my plate.

i'm hoping to put the body on this week after finishing the wiring of the fuel injection, but have two "lost" wires and need to call elebrock for more instructions.

still wondering if there are enough days left in my life to finish this thing.

appreciate your help.

doug

dmiller
November 9th, 2003, 09:40 PM
thank you, now i understand, and will call to order my plate.

i'm hoping to put the body on this week after finishing the wiring of the fuel injection, but have two "lost" wires and need to call elebrock for more instructions.

still wondering if there are enough days left in my life to finish this thing.

appreciate your help.

doug

eliminator
November 9th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Look at an earlier thread on this subject, pictures were posted of the plate and its function.

Eliminator

eliminator
November 9th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Look at an earlier thread on this subject, pictures were posted of the plate and its function.

Eliminator