PDA

View Full Version : Manifold ??

JerryBP
November 10th, 2003, 02:19 AM
As the engine sets flat in a Unique (rather than on an angle as in most cars) do you mill the manifold flat so that the Carb sets Level ??

Work in Progress Unique 427-9429 400+hp 351C Tremec 3550 5spd Coal Black
by Bruce, Greg & Jerry Porter

Brent
November 10th, 2003, 04:25 AM
I don't think you will have a problem with the carb on a slight incline. If you do want it flat you could make a tapered(wedge)phenolic spacer to level the carb and help reduce heat transfer from the intake manifold.

Brent

Brent
November 10th, 2003, 04:25 AM
I don't think you will have a problem with the carb on a slight incline. If you do want it flat you could make a tapered(wedge)phenolic spacer to level the carb and help reduce heat transfer from the intake manifold.

Brent

jhaynie
November 10th, 2003, 04:45 AM
Is that a really big deal? I mean, what happens when you drive up and down a hill?

John

jhaynie
November 10th, 2003, 04:45 AM
Is that a really big deal? I mean, what happens when you drive up and down a hill?

John

rdorman
November 10th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Is it a big deal? I am looking at buying a Blue Thunder intake for my Cleveland in the Unique. There are two street manifolds available. One at an incline and one level. When I told the retailer the engine was level he was shocked.

Point is, why make one level if it doesn't matter? By the way, the level intake is made for the Pantera. The front height on both manifolds is the same, just one is level.

Rick

rdorman
November 10th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Is it a big deal? I am looking at buying a Blue Thunder intake for my Cleveland in the Unique. There are two street manifolds available. One at an incline and one level. When I told the retailer the engine was level he was shocked.

Point is, why make one level if it doesn't matter? By the way, the level intake is made for the Pantera. The front height on both manifolds is the same, just one is level.

Rick

JerryBP
November 10th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Thank's Guys, I have a 72 Pantera (they think it matters), just wondered what you were using, we have a TFC-2V manifold (for a Pantera) and a 650 Demon carb that we plan to use.

JerryBP
November 10th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Thank's Guys, I have a 72 Pantera (they think it matters), just wondered what you were using, we have a TFC-2V manifold (for a Pantera) and a 650 Demon carb that we plan to use.

jhaynie
November 11th, 2003, 02:09 AM
I guess it must have something to do with hood clearance or something. I was thinking that it had something to do with the levelness(is that a word) of the carb, and nothing to do with the function of the intake.

jhaynie
November 11th, 2003, 02:09 AM
I guess it must have something to do with hood clearance or something. I was thinking that it had something to do with the levelness(is that a word) of the carb, and nothing to do with the function of the intake.