PDA

View Full Version : Solenoid placement

pgermond
November 14th, 2003, 11:21 AM
This subject started again under another thread, and casaleenie (Al), brought up the same thing I'm concerned with - mounting the solenoid under the passenger foodbox on the frame (the elements - rain, dirt, etc, plus ease of access, or the lack thereof). Alan told me he knows of someone who mounted it behind the dash on the passenger side. So, if I knew how to start a poll I would ask -
1) On the firewall?
2) On the frame below the footbox?
3) Behind the dash?
4) Other (please specify)?

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

eliminator
November 16th, 2003, 10:01 PM
On the frame under the forward rollbar mount,(my roll bar is a rear brace). My car is not going to see any rainy roads if I can help it so the elements don't come into play. Plus its a neat clean wire up at this point, a solenoid is an enclosed electrical device so ocassional water and dirt wont have any effect on its function. I think all keep there cars fairly clean anyway.

Eliminator

eliminator
November 16th, 2003, 10:01 PM
On the frame under the forward rollbar mount,(my roll bar is a rear brace). My car is not going to see any rainy roads if I can help it so the elements don't come into play. Plus its a neat clean wire up at this point, a solenoid is an enclosed electrical device so ocassional water and dirt wont have any effect on its function. I think all keep there cars fairly clean anyway.

Eliminator