PDA

View Full Version : some progress

dmiller
November 23rd, 2003, 06:50 AM
the body is wired now, so ready to reinstall on chassis.

had some family problems that halted work for a while, but had a rainy day Sunday, so was productive.

wish i knew then what i know now, would have placed some of the wiring harness in different locations to make it easier to locate fuse box and injection computer. both ended up on passenger side, with computer on the ceiling of the passenger foot well, and the fuse box is mounted on a 90 degree bracket, the box is accessible from the passenger side, and if need be, can be disconnected from the bracket and dropped down for easier access. just one bolt holds it in place, and the bolt is "welded" to the bracket so only need to access the nylon lock nut to remove. its a real spider web behind the dash with all the wiring.

i removed the exhaust wrap, was cautioned against it by Weavers. finally realized that the cause for failure wasn't rust, but heat checking. the wrap allows the mild steel pipes to reach temp's above their critical temp, so they start to heat treat and get brittle.

i've asked Weaver to quote manifold out of 300 Stainless Steel, just for reference. 300 stainless doesn't heat treat so would be a good material for headers.

plan is to have son and son-in-laws over for thanksgiving, and we can't eat 'til body and chassis are one.

have a good holiday.

doug

pgermond
November 23rd, 2003, 08:10 AM
Not allowing anyone to eat till the work is done will generate some productivity :D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

pgermond
November 23rd, 2003, 08:10 AM
Not allowing anyone to eat till the work is done will generate some productivity :D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Okiesnake
November 23rd, 2003, 08:35 AM
"wish i knew then what i know now" - I've said that a few times during my build!

Okiesnake
November 23rd, 2003, 08:35 AM
"wish i knew then what i know now" - I've said that a few times during my build!