PDA

View Full Version : Cobra/427 Badges

pgermond
November 28th, 2003, 10:54 AM
:D I can't stand it any longer - I'm going to mount my badges tomorrow [8D] I've got the speed nuts, but my dilemma is this... I'm thinking I should use some silicon behind the badges. Any advice from you that have already been down this road [?]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Copper01
November 28th, 2003, 11:05 AM
I had the same dilemma with mine, but when I talked with Alan, he strongly suggested that I not use the speed nuts. His recommendation was to use clear silicon to stick them on and that way, if I ever needed to take them off, I wouldn't have to destroy the badge in the process. Anyway, that's the way I did it and I guess time will tell.

Ben
Unique 427
SA 427SO w/ Toploader
Guardsman Blue w/ White Stripes

Copper01
November 28th, 2003, 11:05 AM
I had the same dilemma with mine, but when I talked with Alan, he strongly suggested that I not use the speed nuts. His recommendation was to use clear silicon to stick them on and that way, if I ever needed to take them off, I wouldn't have to destroy the badge in the process. Anyway, that's the way I did it and I guess time will tell.

Ben
Unique 427
SA 427SO w/ Toploader
Guardsman Blue w/ White Stripes

pgermond
November 28th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Thanks, Ben - I appreciate the input. Although I can't imagine why I would have to remove them, unless of course I upgraded to a 527 :D:D:D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

pgermond
November 28th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Thanks, Ben - I appreciate the input. Although I can't imagine why I would have to remove them, unless of course I upgraded to a 527 :D:D:D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

K.Wilson
November 28th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Phil,
I agree with Alan, put them on with clear silicon. You can adjust them to where you want them. No holes in the paint. Removal is easy, just "saw it off" with dental floss. No damage to the paint or the emblem.
Keith

K.Wilson
November 28th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Phil,
I agree with Alan, put them on with clear silicon. You can adjust them to where you want them. No holes in the paint. Removal is easy, just "saw it off" with dental floss. No damage to the paint or the emblem.
Keith

brfutbrian
November 29th, 2003, 07:30 AM
phil, the fiberglass is too thick to use the nuts, at least on my car it was. whether you leave the pins on or not,(i left mine on) all you need is a small dot of silicone to hold the badges in place. later, brian

brfutbrian
November 29th, 2003, 07:30 AM
phil, the fiberglass is too thick to use the nuts, at least on my car it was. whether you leave the pins on or not,(i left mine on) all you need is a small dot of silicone to hold the badges in place. later, brian

eliminator
November 30th, 2003, 01:18 AM
Well another way is to thread the pins, just happen to be the same as a #6 . Thread by turning the die by hand then you can use nylock stainless steel nuts. Much better than speed nuts. This works with the Cobra Emblems as well. Put a dab of clear silicone in the center of each emblem to eliminate the possibility of a rattle. Easy to remove if you need to.

Eliminator

eliminator
November 30th, 2003, 01:18 AM
Well another way is to thread the pins, just happen to be the same as a #6 . Thread by turning the die by hand then you can use nylock stainless steel nuts. Much better than speed nuts. This works with the Cobra Emblems as well. Put a dab of clear silicone in the center of each emblem to eliminate the possibility of a rattle. Easy to remove if you need to.

Eliminator