PDA

View Full Version : more grease fittings?

dmiller
November 28th, 2003, 11:29 PM
just discovered two more grease fittings locations that do not have the fittings installed. these are on the underside of the aluminum castings that house the rear wheel axle bearings. the lower rear suspension arm stradles this aluminum casting with a yoke. a large pin attaches the yoke to the casting. there are tapped holes in the bottom center of each casting, but no fittings. should i install fittings and grease?

an earlier question and answer informed me that the other end of this suspension piece no longer required grease because the needle bearings were replaced with sleeves.

getting nervous about putting body back on chasis. worried i'll find i didn't do something that can no longer be accessed. but, this afternoon, its going on.

pgermond
November 29th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Regarless of what you do, or don't do - you will find things that you "should" have done. I've twisted myself into the shape of a dozen pretzels this weekend doing things I "should" have done.... and I'm 6'3" [xx(] Some asprin and a few cold ones should releave the pain [:P]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

pgermond
November 29th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Regarless of what you do, or don't do - you will find things that you "should" have done. I've twisted myself into the shape of a dozen pretzels this weekend doing things I "should" have done.... and I'm 6'3" [xx(] Some asprin and a few cold ones should releave the pain [:P]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

dmiller
November 29th, 2003, 11:35 AM
its on again.

no cursing, no damage, no blood.

so must be something i've forgotten to do.

thanks for help.

doug

dmiller
November 29th, 2003, 11:35 AM
its on again.

no cursing, no damage, no blood.

so must be something i've forgotten to do.

thanks for help.

doug

pgermond
November 29th, 2003, 12:52 PM
:D Congrats on getting the body back on :D Although I did some cursing, but no damage and no blood (a good thing) Let's see some pics [:P]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

pgermond
November 29th, 2003, 12:52 PM
:D Congrats on getting the body back on :D Although I did some cursing, but no damage and no blood (a good thing) Let's see some pics [:P]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

eliminator
November 30th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Put the SAE treaded grease fittings in and grease, Unique has advised me that they are going to start doing this on all cars. There is a weep hole at the top so you can only pump in so much grease before it comes out this hole. I think the fitting size is 1/4 - 20.

Eliminator

eliminator
November 30th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Put the SAE treaded grease fittings in and grease, Unique has advised me that they are going to start doing this on all cars. There is a weep hole at the top so you can only pump in so much grease before it comes out this hole. I think the fitting size is 1/4 - 20.

Eliminator