PDA

View Full Version : body and chasis together again

dmiller
November 29th, 2003, 10:08 PM
with help of son and son-in-laws, no cursing, no damage, no blood.

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/dmiller/DSCN2481-email.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/dmiller/DSCN2482-email.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/dmiller/DSCN2483-email.jpg

glenn
November 30th, 2003, 12:04 AM
doug,
that's fine looking car, i like the color choice and the stripe. hope to be at your stage of the build in a few weeks. Looking to get the engine running while the body in the paint shop. have fun,

Glenn

glenn
November 30th, 2003, 12:04 AM
doug,
that's fine looking car, i like the color choice and the stripe. hope to be at your stage of the build in a few weeks. Looking to get the engine running while the body in the paint shop. have fun,

Glenn

eliminator
November 30th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Look's good, you will enjoy the Spring. December 1st coming up fast, can you beleive it!!!!

Eliminator

eliminator
November 30th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Look's good, you will enjoy the Spring. December 1st coming up fast, can you beleive it!!!!

Eliminator

Brent
November 30th, 2003, 04:49 AM
Congrats!!!

What a great day when the body and the cahssis come together.

The BIG fun begins

Brent

Brent
November 30th, 2003, 04:49 AM
Congrats!!!

What a great day when the body and the cahssis come together.

The BIG fun begins

Brent

pgermond
November 30th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Hot Damn!!!! Good looking car. That baby ought to haul the mail.... in a hurry [:P]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

pgermond
November 30th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Hot Damn!!!! Good looking car. That baby ought to haul the mail.... in a hurry [:P]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

GeorgiaSnake
November 30th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Great looking car - I went back and forth on two colors - silver or the blue with yellow strip. I went silver but have questions now that I see your car - that is sweet.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

GeorgiaSnake
November 30th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Great looking car - I went back and forth on two colors - silver or the blue with yellow strip. I went silver but have questions now that I see your car - that is sweet.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

dmiller
November 30th, 2003, 09:53 PM
thanks for the encouragment. got the body bolted down, and three trips to home depot, still don't have the correct fittings for the fuel line. so, i encourage you to buy HD stock, might be a good investment.

doug

dmiller
November 30th, 2003, 09:53 PM
thanks for the encouragment. got the body bolted down, and three trips to home depot, still don't have the correct fittings for the fuel line. so, i encourage you to buy HD stock, might be a good investment.

doug

eliminator
November 30th, 2003, 10:01 PM
I think HD (Harley Davidson) is doing better than HD (Home Depot):):)

Eliminator

eliminator
November 30th, 2003, 10:01 PM
I think HD (Harley Davidson) is doing better than HD (Home Depot):):)

Eliminator

dmiller
November 30th, 2003, 10:07 PM
harley symbol is HDI, and they are doing better. but right now, i'm not buying any harley parts. so might consider swithing.

dmiller
November 30th, 2003, 10:07 PM
harley symbol is HDI, and they are doing better. but right now, i'm not buying any harley parts. so might consider swithing.

Okiesnake
November 30th, 2003, 11:13 PM
I asked Allen about the fuel lines when I built my car. I took his advice and used a pipe cutter to cut off the flanges and then put an in-line fuel filter at the rear and attached short rubber fuel line hoses(make sure it is for fuel lines)at the ends with small hose clamps.
Trent

Okiesnake
November 30th, 2003, 11:13 PM
I asked Allen about the fuel lines when I built my car. I took his advice and used a pipe cutter to cut off the flanges and then put an in-line fuel filter at the rear and attached short rubber fuel line hoses(make sure it is for fuel lines)at the ends with small hose clamps.
Trent

Okiesnake
November 30th, 2003, 11:20 PM
P.S.
You car looks fantastic! Love the team strips!

Okiesnake
November 30th, 2003, 11:20 PM
P.S.
You car looks fantastic! Love the team strips!

dmiller
December 1st, 2003, 01:48 AM
i'm using fuel injection, which came with rubber fuel lines for pressure and return. so i'm taking your suggestions, still had a difficult time finding the correct fittings. but just got it together just now.

only concern is the vent. i had the tank modified for an additional port, the two original plus another. my plan now is to use the existing vent tank port for BOTH the return line and a vent line. i'll use a "T" so that the return fuel can go direct to tank and the other side of "T" will go up with a length of hose and vent the tank. i think. if not, i'll use the port that i had welded to the tank as an additional to original.

thanks.

doug

dmiller
December 1st, 2003, 01:48 AM
i'm using fuel injection, which came with rubber fuel lines for pressure and return. so i'm taking your suggestions, still had a difficult time finding the correct fittings. but just got it together just now.

only concern is the vent. i had the tank modified for an additional port, the two original plus another. my plan now is to use the existing vent tank port for BOTH the return line and a vent line. i'll use a "T" so that the return fuel can go direct to tank and the other side of "T" will go up with a length of hose and vent the tank. i think. if not, i'll use the port that i had welded to the tank as an additional to original.

thanks.

doug

Brent
December 1st, 2003, 02:18 AM
I think you will have fuel pumping out of the vent tube if you combine the vent and the return line in a T.

Brent

Brent
December 1st, 2003, 02:18 AM
I think you will have fuel pumping out of the vent tube if you combine the vent and the return line in a T.

Brent

dmiller
December 1st, 2003, 02:24 AM
you may be right, i'm still undecided what to do there, it's easy to use the other port, will probably do that

doug

dmiller
December 1st, 2003, 02:24 AM
you may be right, i'm still undecided what to do there, it's easy to use the other port, will probably do that

doug