PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Brake

Joe LaFives
November 30th, 2003, 10:30 AM
My FIA has a "button" set up for the emergency (parking brake) It does not appear to work well. Anyone have any thoughts on retrofiting a handle?

casaleenie
November 30th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Joe,

I've got the same setup on mine... Line lock I believe it's called.
Depress the brake and push the button on inboard side of drivers seat?
Mine seems to work pretty well but I guess it would be better with a mechanical handbrake....
I'll follow this to see what help you get..

AL

casaleenie
November 30th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Joe,

I've got the same setup on mine... Line lock I believe it's called.
Depress the brake and push the button on inboard side of drivers seat?
Mine seems to work pretty well but I guess it would be better with a mechanical handbrake....
I'll follow this to see what help you get..

AL

GeorgiaSnake
November 30th, 2003, 06:55 PM
I have the line lock too and mine works great. Hold the brake pedal down, push the knob down, release the pedal and it holds great. When you get ready to drive it again push the pedal down and it releases the line lock.I still leave the car in gear as a precaution.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

GeorgiaSnake
November 30th, 2003, 06:55 PM
I have the line lock too and mine works great. Hold the brake pedal down, push the knob down, release the pedal and it holds great. When you get ready to drive it again push the pedal down and it releases the line lock.I still leave the car in gear as a precaution.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

jhaynie
November 30th, 2003, 09:23 PM
I have a manual brake that has never worked. I was under the car a few weeks ago and noticed the cable sheathing had pulled away from the aluminum fitting where it attaches to the rear brakes. I guess thats the problem. Anyone know where to get a replacement cable, or who makes the cable??

JOhn

jhaynie
November 30th, 2003, 09:23 PM
I have a manual brake that has never worked. I was under the car a few weeks ago and noticed the cable sheathing had pulled away from the aluminum fitting where it attaches to the rear brakes. I guess thats the problem. Anyone know where to get a replacement cable, or who makes the cable??

JOhn

eliminator
November 30th, 2003, 09:31 PM
The cables are made by Locar, you can get one through one of their suppliers or through Unique. They need to be cut to fit your cable routing.

Eliminator

eliminator
November 30th, 2003, 09:31 PM
The cables are made by Locar, you can get one through one of their suppliers or through Unique. They need to be cut to fit your cable routing.

Eliminator

Tony Radford
December 1st, 2003, 04:42 AM
I would recommend caution when using the "line-lock" brake system. It works great for a while, but will eventually bleed off and disengage. I set mine at an office party last year just long enough to fire it up for a spectator. I forgot to put her back in gear when I got out. Twenty minutes or so later, I looked over and my car was no longer were I left her. She had rolled back and hit the bumper of an SUV parked in the opposite space. Fortunately, the bumper lined up perfectly with one of the tail lights, so the only damage was to the red plastic cover. Bad moment.

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

Tony Radford
December 1st, 2003, 04:42 AM
I would recommend caution when using the "line-lock" brake system. It works great for a while, but will eventually bleed off and disengage. I set mine at an office party last year just long enough to fire it up for a spectator. I forgot to put her back in gear when I got out. Twenty minutes or so later, I looked over and my car was no longer were I left her. She had rolled back and hit the bumper of an SUV parked in the opposite space. Fortunately, the bumper lined up perfectly with one of the tail lights, so the only damage was to the red plastic cover. Bad moment.

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

Okiesnake
December 1st, 2003, 05:20 AM
Come on Tony,
It's just us guys here. That was the official explaination you gave your wife about how you ended up with a busted tail light when you came home from the office party! We want to hear the the REAL story!

Okiesnake
December 1st, 2003, 05:20 AM
Come on Tony,
It's just us guys here. That was the official explaination you gave your wife about how you ended up with a busted tail light when you came home from the office party! We want to hear the the REAL story!

WBofTN
December 1st, 2003, 05:33 AM
yep - I ditto Okiesnake - whats the real story[}:)]:D

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

WBofTN
December 1st, 2003, 05:33 AM
yep - I ditto Okiesnake - whats the real story[}:)]:D

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

casaleenie
December 1st, 2003, 06:27 AM
Tony,

I'm sure you meant to say that the rollbar on your car lined up perfectly with the bumper of the SUV.:D:)

AL

casaleenie
December 1st, 2003, 06:27 AM
Tony,

I'm sure you meant to say that the rollbar on your car lined up perfectly with the bumper of the SUV.:D:)

AL