PDA

View Full Version : engine running

glenn
December 4th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Hello everyone,
With a little help from some friends,and learning from your mistakes. WE got the engine running this evening.spent about two evenings getting things preped, oil lines, wiring, ignition,fuel lines and a couple gauges.Had a little trouble with the ignition setup since i'm using the MSD rev. limiter . FIgured it out , and it started right up. awsome sound from those pipes. Southern automotive 406 FE,beautiful sound. Plan to run it this weekend, to cure the ceramic headers and check for leaks.ELiminator,thanks for your advice, and your pics on club cobra,everything worked out well. Thanks again to all who responded.

Glenn

GeorgiaSnake
December 4th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Glad to "hear" you got it running. I remember the first time. I spent a week checking and double checking everything. I had planned to have someone come over to assist with the first start but got impatient. I walked to the garage, looked it over, climbed in, hit the gas three times, turned the key and woke everyone within mile.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

GeorgiaSnake
December 4th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Glad to "hear" you got it running. I remember the first time. I spent a week checking and double checking everything. I had planned to have someone come over to assist with the first start but got impatient. I walked to the garage, looked it over, climbed in, hit the gas three times, turned the key and woke everyone within mile.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

eliminator
December 4th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Glenn,

Glad to hear that you fired it up, sure makes the build alot more fun to have some exciting events like the "Inital Start Up". Now after you run it awhile you can tune it up before the body goes on. Only 90 more days of Bad Weather.

Eliminator

eliminator
December 4th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Glenn,

Glad to hear that you fired it up, sure makes the build alot more fun to have some exciting events like the "Inital Start Up". Now after you run it awhile you can tune it up before the body goes on. Only 90 more days of Bad Weather.

Eliminator

Brent
December 4th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Glenn,

You have to be fired up now. Just wait until you buzz her through the gears.Those pipes really start talking at the top of each gear.

Brent

Brent
December 4th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Glenn,

You have to be fired up now. Just wait until you buzz her through the gears.Those pipes really start talking at the top of each gear.

Brent