PDA

View Full Version : Cobra University

Russ Dickey
December 5th, 2003, 12:19 AM
A discussion on another thread regarding the inherit danger that our cars pose at speed, and that owners should attend a professional driving school made me wonder: Has anybody taken their car to one of the Cobra University courses? How did you like it, and was it worth the time and money?

Thanks,
Russ

Unique 289FIA - Viking Blue

WBofTN
December 5th, 2003, 06:39 AM
where is Cobra Univ.? and do they offer a Masters degree??:)

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

Russ Dickey
December 5th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Here's the link to the website:

http://www.cobrauniversity.com/

No Master's or PHD's, but looks like a decent entry-level education into properly flogging your Cobra. Too bad for me, because it looks like it's only for you West Coast guys...

Russ

Okiesnake
December 5th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Russ,
I was looking to see where you were from and noticed on your bio your work web site http://gomotorsports.com/ Cool site. I didn't see any Cobra race driver models although I did see some great Mustang models such as Mark Donohue's 1965 Shelby GT-350R and Dan Gurney's 1969 Boss 302 Mustang. Looks like a fun place to work.

Russ Dickey
December 6th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Okie:
Yeah, I love my job. It's not even like work to me. I tell people all the time that I basically get paid to be a 12-year-old kid. I get to go to all the major toy fairs and hobby expo's, get to go to lots of races for all different types of racing (on the company's tab), and get to meet lots of drivers and people in the industry. It's a blast.

And it's true that, for some reason, we seem to sell all of the Cobra die-cast cars that we get almost immediately! Between me and some other local members of SAAC and the Mid-America Cobra Club, they just seem to disappear....

Russ

Brent
December 6th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Cool job!

Can you play hooky like Pgermond does and work on the Cobra :D

Brent

pgermond
December 6th, 2003, 10:49 AM
:D:D:D:D Jealousy is a terrible thing :D:D:D:D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436