PDA

View Full Version : clutch slave cyl plumbing

dmiller
December 5th, 2003, 06:21 AM
i'm using a ford mustang style clutch which releases with a forward press on the clutch fork. the cyl is probably further back toward the rear of the car than the unique style.

it appears to be almost a straight shot out of the cyl up along the driver's side foot well to the top of the foot well and then over to the master cyl.

my question has to do with the plumbing of the hydralic line. the line would be along the top of the driver's side footwell, perhaps i can bend it to hide it under the fender overhangs. but, the line wouldn't have the "gooseneck" that unique had in their two brake lines. does this gooseneck serve any purpose? or was it there just as a means of turning the lines down after leaving the master cyl's.

i think another advantage in this routing would be that it is far away from exhaust headers (which are no longer wrapped with insulation).

thanks

doug

Brent
December 5th, 2003, 06:35 AM
I ran my line down the inside of the footbox then along the tunnel next to the rear brake line and it exits the tunnel at the hookup point.You cant see a thing and it is away from the headers. The carpet for the tunnel covers it and it is easy to access if I need to. I am using the line lock for parking brakes so I had a line there already.

Brent

dmiller
December 5th, 2003, 06:40 AM
that's a good idea, thank you.

this is why this forum is great. you guys that have done it before, to advise us that haven't yet.

i've been thinking that we should all contribute to a "if i knew then what i know now" file. all the things we wish we had done differently, or those things that worked out really well. what do you think?

doug

Brent
December 6th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Thats a great idea!

Another idea would be how many different ways you did something or how many trash cans you filled with thrown away bad ideas.

Brent