PDA

View Full Version : DVSF Spring Fling 6/24-27

clayfoushee
December 13th, 2003, 01:49 PM
We had our Capital Area CC Holiday Party tonight, and 6 die-hards drove their Cobras even though it's supposed to start snowing tonight. We spent a lot of time talking about our plans for DVSF in Columbus, OH. How many of you Unique people are thinking about it or planning to attend?

It'll be my first, but I hear from many that it's a must. Perhaps we should have a Unique get-together? Let's see if there's any interest.

Clay

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

casaleenie
December 14th, 2003, 01:35 AM
I'll be there..
This will be my third.....
Definitely a Unique get together....
We'll have Dorman put it together....he lives there....

AL

eliminator
December 14th, 2003, 01:50 AM
I would like someone that has been there to tell me and the rest of us what goes on at the DVSP. It's actually not in Columbus, Oh it's London, Ohio outside of Columbus. Tell us about it!

Eliminator

WBofTN
December 14th, 2003, 09:35 PM
I'm fairly sure I will be there - There is 5 or 6 guys from our club
here in Memphis going.
WB

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

Okiesnake
December 14th, 2003, 11:12 PM
I doubt I'll make it. It's pretty far away form SW Oklahoma and I will be just coming back from Alaska on the 12th. However it looks like great fun. I guess the link below is for last year's schedule or are the dates of 6/24 to 6/27 incorrect? http://www.dvsf.com/dvsf3/Calendar/Calendar.cfm#A5

clayfoushee
December 14th, 2003, 11:17 PM
Trent,

I'm told it's 6/24-27, at least that's what our club is making their reservations for.

Clay

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

rdorman
December 15th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Watch Club Cobra for updates. The dates have been announced but little else is final. Do a search and read about the previous years. Lots of threads and pictures.

DVSF IS THE MUST ATTEND COBRA EVENT IN THE COUNTRY BAR NONE. I have not been to them all but many of the 'Flingers' have and this is what I am told. People literally come from all over the world to be here. There is no larger Cobra related event. Drive 'em, trailer 'em, ship 'em or leave them at home. This is the place to be. About 300 Cobras and in excess of 700 Cobra people last year.

This is a fun event. It is meant for our community to get together and have a good time. A huge mixer if you will. While we are at raise money for Cystic Fibrosis and show the public a good time. The event is really in the Hilliard, London, Columbus area. The hotels are on the Columbus outer belt in Hilliard and the events are scattered here and there including when London Ohio shuts down just for us.

Unique usually has a pretty good showing. Sure would be nice if the Weavers attended. Displayers are actually choosing our event to attend instead of Carlise! There will be PLENTY of time to talk with the other Unique owners.

As a side note. I finally crawled under the dash this weekend to look at the date tag on the bottom of the cowl. 12/5/85! Soon I can get Ohio collectors plates for real!

Rick

WBofTN
December 15th, 2003, 12:41 AM
Rick: How many bed rooms to you have?????:)
WB

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

rdorman
December 15th, 2003, 04:15 AM
Four. I live 10 minutes from the heart of it all and I am getting a room at the hotels this year. Even while attending every minute of every scheduled event I find I still miss TO much!

By the way, you Capital Area guys. My father lives in Alexandria. He comes every year to the DVSF. Rick Dorman on Kenwood avenue right across the street from TC Williams. Drive by some night late and rev them up hard. He will appreciate it!

Rick

Silk
December 15th, 2003, 05:48 AM
Rick,

For better or worse, the Capital Area Cobra Club honors all requests for burnouts. Day or night, rain or shine. :D Hope your father's neighbors don't mind the racket!

Gary
Unique FIA 351W

bittentoo
December 16th, 2003, 06:27 AM
The family and I are planning on attending. This will be our big vacation for the summer.

Okiesnake, Oklahoma is closer than the Texas gulf coast, so suck it up and get your butt there:)