PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood Master Cylinder

pgermond
December 28th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Any of you guys have problems w/the caps on your Wilwood master cylinders leaking? I'm thinking of making some gaskets.

These damn brakes are driving me insane :([8]:(

But, I did take it on its maiden voyage yesterday (no seat - no doors - no hood), but it sure turn some heads when I made a loop around the block :D:D:D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

terryk
December 28th, 2003, 01:48 PM
I found if the cap is over tightened it will leak. Just make it snug and it seals just fine. Found this out with one of those pressure bleaders.

pgermond
December 28th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Thanks, Terry. I'll give that a go and see what happens..

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

eliminator
December 28th, 2003, 09:04 PM
I had some problems with the caps and found they are hard to get the threads started just right. Finally got it figured out and no problems. Also make sure your not getting leaks at the fitting on the master cylinder instead of the caps.

Eliminator

Brent
December 28th, 2003, 11:21 PM
:(It is amazing that the two biggest pains in the a$$ on these cars are the master cylinder caps and the damn horn button. My horn button is still sticking out on one side a little:(

I have been told the new plastic Wilwood caps are better than the old metal ones. They must have been a real P.O.S. considering how bad these are. US Brake makes billet master cylinders with billet thread on O-rung caps I should have upgraded to during my build. Oh Well:(

Brent

eliminator
December 29th, 2003, 02:31 AM
You mean the steering wheel center cap, right? The honker is on the turn signal lever.
I had to put a few dabs of clear silicone on mine then centered it up.

Eliminator