PDA

View Full Version : CACC Polar Bear Cruise 1.1.04

clayfoushee
January 1st, 2004, 08:23 AM
CACC had it's annual New Year's Day "Polar Bear Cruise" to DC today, but the weather was anything but polar bear....55 and gorgeous. We had 22 Cobras including 3 Uniques. Thought you might enjoy a few photos (if I can attach more than one).

Happy New Year All!
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/clayfoushee/CACC.uscapital.1.1.03.jpg
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/clayfoushee/cfunique.jeffersonmem.jpg
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/clayfoushee/cobra.washmonument.jpg

Clay

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

pgermond
January 1st, 2004, 09:43 AM
Geezzzzzzzz. It was warmer in DC today than it was in Sacramento (high - 51 degrees w/wind and rain!) Your car looks awesome, and I like the monuments in the background [^]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

clayfoushee
January 1st, 2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks Phil,

I'm still getting trying to get used to the 17" look. I'm waiting for my 15" old set to come back from Compomotive after refurbishing. Love the handling of the 17s", but still like the old school look better.

Man....it was gorgeous here today! It was amazing to see all the security in DC, but the cops loved us and let us right through as a parade. Many cars were being searched around the monuments, concern here is quite high, as a result of intelligence intercepts, which I'm sure you've read.

I think the security forces in DC enjoyed us as a break in the monotony. A lot of tourists were out today because of the amazing weather, and you should have seen the number of them taking photos as we passed by. I did see a few fogies with wrinkled up faces covering their ears as we passed by. However, security even seemed to like the burnouts!

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Okiesnake
January 2nd, 2004, 02:47 AM
Clay, I love the backdrop.
Around here, there is only one other Cobra so going for a group run is not as impressive. Yesterday we were out of town visiting family, but I plan to go home for lunch in a few minutes and drive the Cobra back. We're having a little warm spell. It's 72 degrees out today! Cobra-Time!

WBofTN
January 2nd, 2004, 03:01 AM
Clay:
Will you tell George W that the Washington Monument is leaning a little bit. That needs to be fixed right away.:);)

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

clayfoushee
January 2nd, 2004, 05:01 AM
WB,

I'll ask Dubya to look into it the next time I speak to him, but that may have been my camera and myself listing after the New Year's Eve I had.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Okiesnake
January 2nd, 2004, 05:17 AM
Oh ya! Temp is now 80!

Brent
January 2nd, 2004, 05:46 AM
Only 55 here but I will sure take it.I am going to bleed the brakes and clutch again tonight and if there is a moment of sun this weekend Im GONE.(In way less than 60 seconds(-:)

Brent

casaleenie
January 2nd, 2004, 09:26 AM
You CACC guys are the best... Really have some great turn outs for these events...
Hats off to the Washington mob...
Great pictures..

AL

clayfoushee
January 2nd, 2004, 09:37 AM
Thanks Al, and we'll be at DVSF IV in force too....already have my reservations as do 20 plus of us (and that's 6 months early). Even though the weather stinks here most of the time, it's a great place to own a Cobra with all the fabulous people in this area sharing the passion.

I tell you it was just priceless to see little kids and tourists waving as our own version of "American Thunder" rolled by. The kids seemed to be fascinated the most. There's something about this car and design that I feel will never die and just be passed on to generation after generation.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Silk
January 6th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Here are a couple more pics from our New Year's Day run. With all the heightned security in DC, we wondered if we'd get any static from DC's finest. But as usual, they simply enjoyed the cars along with everyone else. I think they ran us through one of the security check points (see pic) just for the fun of it. We even had one cop take pictures of the cars and forward them to us. Lots of Cobras will be showing up on tourists' pics and videos of Washington DC! :D

http://www.thebrookes.com/albums/01_01_2004/aat.sized.jpg

http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/albums/album135/Frost_Bite_Cruise_2004_026.sized.jpg

http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/albums/album135/Frost_Bite_Cruise_2004_018.sized.jpg

Gary
Unique FIA 351W

clayfoushee
January 6th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Great shot of the hand (a sculture called "The Awakening" with head, arms, and legs appearing to emerge from underground). Was that Elizabeth's artistic eye or yours? Wish I'd thought of that, since my car was right in front of yours.

It was an awesome day, and I enjoyed lunch with you and Elizabeth.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Brent
January 6th, 2004, 08:35 PM
That is cool! Looks like a fun day. I hope I can find some local people to run with.

Brent

casaleenie
September 22nd, 2004, 08:16 PM
I also remember some pics that were posted showing you guys driving in four inches of snow......[^]
A gutsy bunch....

AL

clayfoushee
September 22nd, 2004, 10:08 PM
Yeah Al, some more gutsy (not very smart) as others. You're referring to the '03 Polar Bear, but it only had 5 cars vs. 22 in 04 in the pictures above. Plus one of the 5 spun out and crashed into a guard rail. We now call him Captain Crunch.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Naumoff
January 16th, 2005, 04:27 AM
That looks like a lot of fun. hope to do it next year!

eliminator
January 17th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Mine is still on Jackstands, don't look for that to change any time soon[V]. Think it will be a t least February before we have a mid 50 degree day. Time to take the cover off and push the clutch in a few times, have to keep the o rings in good shape on that hyd. throw out bearing[^].

Glad you guys got out and had a little fun.

Rick

gasman
January 17th, 2005, 03:08 PM
My car might be finished before Spring, it has become one project after another. Rick, Bilstein is doing the same shock and spring package for me that they made for you. With a little luck, I'll have the shocks in a week or two.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

ralphscott
January 17th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I'm working on the bigger front brakes project. Then I'll replace the in-line E-brake with one for silicone fluid and also replace my brake pressure switch at the same time. Next is a rebuild for the carb and install the turkey pan. I have al ready replaced the headlights with tri-bars and polished the turkey pan.

Ralph

pgermond
January 17th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Looks like this thread has turned into "what is your winter project status". Well, here is a short list - replaced the quick jacks with new uprights, rerouted and fab'd a heat heat shield for the clutch line/slave cylinder, removed valve covers and turkey pan for polishing, replaced plugs, new MSD Pro Billet Distributor (orderd today from Summit), replaced fluids, tightened EVERYTHING from top to botttom, wiped down everything facing down (no, Eliminator, I didn't wax the frame :D), and the list goes on. The valley fog has set in here, so I'll stay busy with the car up on stands for another month. You think I'm kidding about the fog and no sunshine? Look at the moss starting to form on the driveway [xx(]

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/pgermond/P1010004.JPG

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

ralphscott
January 18th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Hey Phil are you going to buy a hood?:D Sounds like you have enough to-do to to keep you moving so that the moss won't grow on you! It is 10 degrees here today in TN. Seriously, have you consided a hood?? :D

Ralph

bittentoo
January 18th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Even though mine is still rolling, my winter project is a 408 cleveland stroker:D
Just ordered the Eagle forged 4" crank and H beam 6.2" rods. Pistons will come from CP. Cam will be a wicked one from Mark McKeown and will be good to 7500 rpm[:P]

Time to find the weak link in the drive train;)

eliminator
January 18th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Sounds like a lot of good projects. The cars will come out of hibernation with a mean "growl" or "hiss". This is the fun part, personalizing the car:D[8D].

Rick

pgermond
January 18th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Ralph,

The hood is in the guest bedroom for the winter. It is a heck of alot easier to work in the engine compartment without having to work around the hood prop and the hood! Easy removal - just two pins.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

ralphscott
January 18th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Just pulling your chain a little Phil.

Ralph

pgermond
January 18th, 2005, 04:08 PM
No problemo, Ralph. I like to have my chain yanked now and then :D[:P]:D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

Naumoff
January 18th, 2005, 06:11 PM
My winter project is finishing my basement. Because when I pick up my Cobra at the end of April the house could fall down for all I care.As long as the garage stays up.
Tony

will butterworth
January 19th, 2005, 01:19 PM
clay, the monument is still leaning, but not as bad as last year, guess dubya had it straightened,was proud of my girl from b,ham-condoleeza-stood toe to toe with boxer yesterday some class in that girl.Guess we better wait and see, winter projects--done plowed a 4 acre garden on the mountain, and about 3 acres on the creek at home, tools scattered in basement and toolshed, waiting for warmer weather here so i can work on 67 chev., and little red. Heck, wellhouse ,pipes ,fences or cut brush anytime, cut brush all day last sat. nearly died--tired, lower than a whales belly at the bottom of the ocean. Will-alabama

clayfoushee
January 19th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah Will, I did pass it on, but I guess he could only do so much.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Brent
January 19th, 2005, 02:43 PM
I have no winter projects. I had to clean the car for a Ford/Mustang show a couple of weeks ago and that took care of the "spring" cleaning . I am ready for warm weather and the chance to see you all again in May. My wife is also taking off this time so she can join the fun.

Brent
427 SC Chassis #4279401
Candy Apple Red/White
402 FE/Toploader/3.54

bittentoo
January 19th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Great news about the wife!

As I recall, you did your winter project this past summer:D

Just trying to keep up with Brent[:P]