PDA

View Full Version : How to send pictures?

glenn
January 2nd, 2004, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone,
New ditigal camera for xmas. Now trying to figure out how to send more than one picture at a time. Went to the body shop today,car has first coat of polester,cockpit has been painted with a sound deading product much like a undercoating,and then painted a glossy black.Same process was applied to trunk.All fender wells were treated with a rubber type product to help prevent stone chips from underneath.Rest of underbody was then undercoated.Engine bay was sanded out, primed and finished with a silver gray paint. We'll get the names of the products used and post later. Looks good for final paint next week.
Any information on sending pictures would be help
Thanks Glenn

clayfoushee
January 2nd, 2004, 12:24 PM
Glenn,

Might need a little more info to solve your problem, but I'll speculate. I couldn't tell what you know or don't from your post, so I'll just give you the basics.

First, the pictures from you camera need to be downloaded to your computer. All cameras come with software, but that software must be installed on your computer first. If you're trying to upload to this site or other website, many only accept photos in the jpeg or .jpg format. You may (or may not) need additional software like Adobe Photoshop (depending upon what came with your camera) to convert them to that format.

In addition, there's often a limit on the size of the picture that they will accept (because of storage space limitations). A safe rule of thumb is that a 4 X 7 usually works. Again, Adobe Photoshop allows you to adjust size, and it's possible the software that came with your camera will also do the same.

Lastly, just click on "Add Attachment" at the bottom ot the box after you hit "post reply." That will give you a box that says "browse" and you click that. You will then be able to search through the files on your hard disk for the picture(s) you want to upload. Repeat the same procedure for each picture you want to upload to a site.

Clay

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

clayfoushee
January 2nd, 2004, 12:32 PM
Glenn,

Might need a little more info to solve your problem, but I'll speculate. I couldn't tell what you know or don't from your post, so I'll just give you the basics.

First, the pictures from you camera need to be downloaded to your computer. All cameras come with software, but that software must be installed on your computer first. If you're trying to upload to this site or other website, many only accept photos in the jpeg or .jpg format. You may (or may not) need additional software like Adobe Photoshop (depending upon what came with your camera) to convert them to that format.

In addition, there's often a limit on the size of the picture that they will accept (because of storage space limitations). A safe rule of thumb is that a 4 X 7 usually works. Again, Adobe Photoshop allows you to adjust size, and it's possible the software that came with your camera will also do the same.

Lastly, just click on "Add Attachment" at the bottom ot the box after you hit "post reply." That will give you a box that says "browse" and you click that. You will then be able to search through the files on your hard disk for the picture(s) you want to upload. Repeat the same procedure for each picture you want to upload to a site.

Clay

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

glenn
January 2nd, 2004, 09:08 PM
Clay ,
Thanks for the information,I'm sure you can tell I'm not very adapt at this computer bussiness.But I'll try to get the pictures on once i work it out.THanks again glenn