PDA

View Full Version : engine does not turn off

dmiller
January 3rd, 2004, 06:19 AM
i'm using eldebrock fuel injection,

started motor, and could not turn it off. key did nothing, turning master electrical did nothing, only got it to stop by toggle switch to off on the fuel pump.

i don't understand anything about the wiring, either uniques manual which i followed by cookbook, or eldebrock's which was not clear at all about several wires.

any suggetions on what may be wrong that allows it to run with key and battery off?

doug

Brent
January 3rd, 2004, 07:02 AM
What ignition system are you running ?
If the alternator is putting out 12V the battery switch may not kill the motor.
You are still supplying 12V to the ignition system with the key off somewhere.

Brent

ericeckhoff
January 3rd, 2004, 07:21 AM
Check MSD ignition box wiring. See MSD troubleshooting

Eric

dmiller
January 3rd, 2004, 08:28 AM
thanks to you all, i found that unique wiring and elebrock wiring both had a wire going to the coil, i disconnected unique's wire, and it stops with the key now.

still don't know what any of those wires do, but unique's wire was conductive to the "bat" terminal on alternator with the key off, very high resistance, but conductive.

still lots to do and no light at the end of the tunnel yet, but . . .

thanks

doug

pgermond
January 3rd, 2004, 08:40 AM
You'll get there, don't worry. And when you do, you will find there's another tunnel, and another, another...... and when you think everything is done and working..... then another, and another....

It's the nature of the beast - enjoy and learn along the way (that's what I'm doing) [^]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)