PDA

View Full Version : Trying to send pictures

glenn
January 3rd, 2004, 12:29 PM
Hello, everyone
Trying to catch up with some pictures from my engine and the car in the body shop.hope i got this rightand they go thru.
Glenn

pgermond
January 3rd, 2004, 12:46 PM
Glenn,

I fought the digital camera thing for awhile and finally someone took the time to explain it to me. First you have to set the camera up for the (or close to) the lowest resolution, something less than 60-80K. This reduces the file size so you can upload to the site - otherwise, it will be rejected as to large. I tried to cut and paste, but that was futile. When you attach a file/picture you have to also indicate you want to display it. Be sure to read everything on the computer screen - some of it is difficult due to the dark print on a dark back ground.

If you come out here and help me with my brakes/hydraulics..... I'll come back there and help you with your pictures [8D]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

clayfoushee
January 3rd, 2004, 01:09 PM
Glenn,

No pictures, but keep trying. Ask any teenager to help you out....they all know what to do! My 15 yr. old daughter taught me everything I know.....LOL, and now here I am trying to help someone else feeling as helpless as I did a couple of years ago.

Phil's right that you can reduce the resolution on the camera to decrease file size, but you can also use software that either came with the camera or something like Adobe Photoshop to reduce the file size of a given picture. If you do the latter, then you can keep the higher resolution, while keeping the object of interest at a higher resolution. Cropping (trimming, also in the software) out all the "not interesting things" in a photo also keeps the file sizes down and allows higher resolution.

Clay

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD