January 8th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Take a look at this link

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/autoshow2004/article.aspx?xml=Ford2&src=autoshow2004

What do you think about that ??

Work in Progress, Unique 427-9429 400+hp 351C Tremec 3550-2 5spd Coal Black
by Bruce, Greg & Jerry Porter Caldwell, Ohio

clayfoushee
January 8th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Jerry, if you're really interested in the reaction in the Cobra world, try the Club Cobra site. There'a probably close to 200 comments already on mutliple threads.

Most replica owners don't care for the design, while respecting the effort.

Clay

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

JerryBP
January 8th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Just thought I would stick a link on here in case anyone hadn't seen it.

I think it is UGLY, like most new designs, my 2c worth

Work in Progress, Unique 427-9429 400+hp 351C Tremec 3550-2 5spd Coal Black
by Bruce, Greg & Jerry Porter Caldwell, Ohio

Brent
January 8th, 2004, 03:57 AM
I watched the 1 hour "Rides" show that documented the entire build from the start and it was amazing to see a car hand built from the ground up. The dissapointing part about the show was the unvailing of an ugly car.

Brent

WBofTN
January 8th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Did you guys see the modifications Buzz posted on CC??[8D][:P]
Ford should hire Buzz as a stylist (in the Caribean Zone Office).
WB

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

eliminator
January 8th, 2004, 09:25 AM
It looks like it was done in 5 months, Cobra's just gotta have side pipes. Just one of many mistakes!!!!

Eliminator

clayfoushee
January 8th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I saw Buzz's CAD mods. I thought they were amazingly good! Very talented guy.....hope somebody high-enough up at Ford sees them.

I also saw the TLC program, and liked it. I appreciated the internal debate they had about not making the mistake of trying to recreate a timeless masterpiece, but a modern suggestion of the original. I don't care for the design, but had new respect for what the Ford design team created in a short period of time from scratch.

It did annoy me a little that, by omission, the program seemed to me to give CS credit for the original design. While he is a visionary for appreciating a beautiful car already designed by AC and putting it on steroids, he's not the artist responsible for it's aesthetic beauty.

Clay

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Mike Geddes
January 8th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Gentlemen....I will be going to the Detriot Auto Show to see this 'New' Cobra on Monday 12th Jan.
I'll let you know what I think of it after I've seen it 'up close and personnel'
PS...from the TV showing of it , the only thing I would have changed
would have been to make the front openning oval, the same shape as a 427 rather than have it flat at the bottom.
Mike

Mike Geddes