PDA

View Full Version : Lifts....One Alternative

clayfoushee
January 10th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Several of you ask me to post pictures of the lift I just purchased and installed, and I'm just getting around to it. I purchased it by phone off the internet at the following link www.americanautomotiveequipment.com/pages/729448/index.htm

It's the SS7000 model (4-post, 7,000lbs. capacity). Base price is $1995, but I purchased all the options (3 plastic drip pans, recessed heavy metal jack tray, and casters to move it around ) for a total of $2300 including shipping to my door.

It works well...(NOW)...took a lot of fiddling and adjusting, and it's a minimum 2-person job to install with dollies (the ramps are very heavy). Mine had some minor manufacturing flaws that we were able to work around, but they were the kind of thing that gave us fits until we diagnosed the problem. It also took 3 different trips to Home Depot, because of bolts, nuts, and washers, they failed to include (poor quality control). They also failed to ship the drip trays the first time (or else the shipping co. lost them), but were very good about getting them out immediately as soon as I called them on it. They told me it was about a 2-3 hour installation, but it took approx. 10-12 hrs, a lot of which was due to tracking missing parts and fixing the flaws mentioned above.

If any of you purchase this lift, (which I would recommend despite the problems), contact me before you try to install it, and I can probably save you hours of frustration.

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/clayfoushee/cobralift1.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/clayfoushee/cobralift2.jpg

Clay

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Okiesnake
January 10th, 2004, 12:22 PM
I am getting ready to build a wharehouse building at work and will put a lift in it. When I do, I probably get with you for advice.
Those RC model planes look cool. The one looks like a P-51 Mustang.

clayfoushee
January 10th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Anytime Trent.....just send me an e-mail, and I'll give you contact #s. Yeah that is a P-51....and a bunch more hanging in the garage that I also built. I was addicted to building and flying RC airplanes, but something else arrived that in my garage, that has mysteriously allowed me to kick that habit....at least temporarily.....

Clay

Annapolis, MD

GeorgiaSnake
January 10th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks Clay. One tip - when you included pictures hit the enter key between attachments and they will stack rather than bookend.

For those of you needing a lift and a trailer I am working on a prototype trailer that will have a lifting capability between 44" and 54". I have also figured out a way to retrofit an existing trailer for the budjet minded in the group.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

casaleenie
January 11th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Love the P-51 hanging from the ceiling....

AL

at a second look, you've got planes hanging all over the place....

clayfoushee
January 11th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Thanks, Al, yep 7 in the garage, and one more prized one inside in the den.

Clay

Annapolis, MD