PDA

View Full Version : Dana/Jag

casaleenie
January 13th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Is there a replacement rear suspension available from Dana that can be used in the Unique 289 set up? I see Dana and Jag used in the same sentences regarding differentials and suspension..
Did Dana make something to bolt up and replace the Jag rear end?

AL

eliminator
January 13th, 2004, 03:34 AM
No, the Dana part refers to the center section of the rear-end, ring gear and pinion area. I would guess the suspension part can be changed , I think there is a company on the West Coast that has Jag Rear-End upgrades, CWI??? Or get in touch with Kirkham.

Eliminator

Brent
January 13th, 2004, 03:45 AM
I think the center section is a Dana 40 ??

Bent

WBofTN
January 13th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Al:
here is a site you may want to check out:
http://www.cobraracing.com/index.html

WB

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

rdorman
January 13th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Center section is a Dana 44. Much of the parts where 'designed' here by Dana for Jag. But the center section is pretty standard Dana 44. The rest of the parts are for Jag. Except u-joints, standard chevy truck size.

There are suspension systems from the after market that replace the Jag set up. Many are just beefed up versions of the same design. To make a real big improvement (aside from some of the bolt ons) you would have to convert it to upper and lower a-arms with some type of CV joints to accept the plunge.

Al, what are you thinking........

Rick

GeorgiaSnake
January 13th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Hey Al crack open the safe and get these guys to fix you up http://www.geocities.com/~concourswest/index.html

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

casaleenie
January 13th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Dorman,

I'm not capable of thinking but it crossed my mind that I have a very good friend that works for Dana. Up until a year ago I didn't even know what Dana was or did... I kept hearing the Dana name used refering to oil filters, differentials etc...
Just thought that if they made a more substantial suspension and I could get it at a discount then I would pursue it....

AL

casaleenie
January 13th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Randy,

I just checked these guys out... I think it's a thing of great beauty but so is my wife and I think I'd be forced to make a choice between the two... (and since there is even the remotest chance that my wife will see this post, I'm going to have to go with her on this)[8D]
AL

GeorgiaSnake
January 13th, 2004, 11:37 AM
[}:)]

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

rdorman
January 13th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Al, ask your buddy where you can get their Spicer u-joints around here!

Are you going to the northern ohio meeting on the 24th? I can bring your sign!

Rick

spd4me
January 14th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Al
There's a place in Washington State called C.W.I. (Concours West Industries. They specialize in independent rear suspensions units. Last phone number I have on them is 360-274-3373. Castle Rock, WA. I sent some old rear jag hubs off an old car I had and they put in new bearings and re-shimmed them.

casaleenie
January 14th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Rick,

Yes, I plan on being at the get together in Cleveland on the 24th. Looking forward to seeing you...

SPD4ME,

I've got that web-site in my favorites list... I figure it will be a great source down the road...

Thanks for all the help...
Got to go back and edit the reference to my wife... If not, it won't be the rear end of the car that'll need fixing but rather my own...

AL