PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming 2004

weaver
January 20th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Well we have decided to have a home coming event this year and are in the process of planning the event at this time. The dates are May 14th and 15th and will start with an all day open house at the factory on Friday with a catered dinner that night at a local park, there will be an entry fee of $25.00 which includes one t shirt, 2 dinners and a dash plaque. We are planning a cruise for Saturday and should have the details worked out in a few days. If you plan on attending this event please email me and let me know, we will post an entry form on this site and our company site as soon as we have all the details worked out. I'm looking foward to seeing our customers and their cars and hoping we have a big turn out. If you have any questions or comments email me and I will get back to you.

Thanks Alan

eliminator
January 21st, 2004, 12:08 AM
What is the entry fee for??? Car show Maybe?
Sounds good, I am looking forward to it. Hope to meet all the Forum members and put a face with the name. Alan you have e-mail.

Eliminator

clayfoushee
January 21st, 2004, 12:35 AM
Alan, that's great I'll be there.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

weaver
January 21st, 2004, 01:09 AM
I talked to some area hotels and got some rates for the event, Motel 6 which is a nice hotel located next door to The Top of the River resturant is $36.99 for Thursday night and $45.99 for Fri and Sat night, Hampton Inn is $65.00 a night, we have rooms blocked at both hotels but you have to mention our event to get these prices. For those of you who get into town on Thursday we will meet for dinner at Top O the River around 6:00, we will also meet somewhere for dinner Sat night after the cruise. Remember to tell the hotels you are coming to Uniques open house to get a special rate.

Alan

clayfoushee
January 21st, 2004, 01:32 AM
Alan, can (or will) both of those hotels accommodate car haulers?

Clay

Annapolis, MD

eliminator
January 21st, 2004, 01:54 AM
Clay,
Hampton Inn can accomodate trailers, they have a big lot adjacent to the Motel:D. Phone # 256-5462337

Eliminator

clayfoushee
January 21st, 2004, 02:21 AM
Elim...is that the Hampton Inn Alan mentioned or did you mean Hamilton? And thanks.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

eliminator
January 21st, 2004, 02:43 AM
Clay,

I fixed it, my error.

Eliminator

weaver
January 21st, 2004, 03:06 AM
Both hotels have an area to park trailers.

Alan

brfutbrian
January 21st, 2004, 07:09 AM
alan, im there. cant wait. for you who cant decide which place to stay at, the hampton inn is really nice, and worth the extra bucks. the only thing left is to see if i can break my 19 hour record for trailering my car from connecticut. later, brian

Poorboy
January 21st, 2004, 10:39 AM
The Motel 6 is right next door to Top O The River restaurant. The parking lot is easier to get in n out of.

Poorboy

clayfoushee
January 21st, 2004, 11:42 AM
Alan, I just booked at the Motel 6 based upon Poorboy's recommendation. The clerk I talked to had no info. on rooms block for the event or a special rate...just FYI. However, the rate they quoted me was less than the one they gave you ($31.99).... ;-}

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Tony Radford
January 21st, 2004, 06:50 PM
Sounds fun. I'll have a chance to show off the new trailer product and see the birth place of my red head.

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

Brent
January 21st, 2004, 08:18 PM
GREAT!!!!!

I'm in for Thur, Fri, and Sat. a.m. (damn wedding)
My wife can't make it so the cheaper hotel works for me. (equals a case of Mobile 1)

Eliminator and Tony,
Red heads are more fun :-)

weaver
January 21st, 2004, 10:11 PM
The phone number at the Motel 6 is 256-543-1107

Alan

Eric Miller
January 22nd, 2004, 06:21 AM
I will be there.I'm glad we are having this Homecoming.I can remember all the cars I've seen there when I could only dream of having one of them.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Eric :)

weaver
January 22nd, 2004, 10:05 PM
This is for people who have purchased used cars, if you plan on attending this years event please email your name and address so we can send you an entry form, I have some of you on file but not everyone. We have decided to add a show on Friday, we will give awards for best 427, 289 and a peoples choice award, everyone participating in the event will vote for their favorite in each class.

Alan

Brent
January 23rd, 2004, 03:22 AM
How could anyone pick a winner out of these cars?? Everyones car I have seen is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait until May )-:

Brent

weaver
January 23rd, 2004, 07:19 AM
That is why we are letting the people vote and not us. This is the first time we have had a show during the open house because it is so hard to pick a winner.

Alan

Tony Radford
January 23rd, 2004, 07:39 PM
Alan, I did't see a category for "shiniest motor".

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

bittentoo
January 23rd, 2004, 09:34 PM
Or "Brightest Color";)

The family and I are in, so Alan, send me the info!

Question, where is the Hampton Inn in relation to the Motel 6?

Poorboy
January 24th, 2004, 12:06 AM
It is on the same road and on the same side just north of 759 right across from the mall. Maybe 3/4-1 mile from Motel 6.

Poorboy

eliminator
January 26th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Received my registration form from Unique and I have booked my room at the Hampton Inn. Ready to go, especially after getting stranded in Indianapolis Sunday because of the snow and ice. We had major ice just north of Louisville and in Louisville finally got home today. The sun came out this PM and it got to 53 degrees, most of the ice is gone. Only 55 days until Spring!!! Those of you that will be there Thursday night it's Top Of The River for some great food, especially the Catfish and Hush Puppies.

Eliminator

bittentoo
January 26th, 2004, 10:50 PM
For those that can make the Top of the River on Thursday, the 1/2# of catfish is great! Highly recommended by the Weavers and now me[^]

I haven't decided yet as to where we will stay. The Motel 6 was nice and clean with a good bed. But there are no extras, bring your own soap and shampoo. I do have a question as to trailer parking at the Motel 6. My room faced the Top of the River and I had to use up 6 or 7 parking spaces to park the truck and trailer. Is there a larger parking area on the other side of the Motel?

Lets get those cars ready for May:D

clayfoushee
January 26th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Elim,

How did you receive the registration form? Already booked at Motel 6.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

eliminator
January 26th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Clay,

The form and info about Homecoming was in the mail from Unique, I am sure yours is on the way. If not, check with Unique on the mailing.

Eliminator

Brent
January 26th, 2004, 11:10 PM
I recd. mine yesterday.

Brent

weaver
January 26th, 2004, 11:54 PM
There is a large parking lot on the side not facing the resturant.

Alan

bittentoo
January 27th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Thanks Alan, I was so excited about picking the car up, I never bothered to look on the other side of the motel:D

How does the parking compare to the Hampton?

BTW Alan, got the wiring gremlens straightened out last night:D

Now if I can figure out how to reduce the file size of pics of the car, I will post an update:(

weaver
January 27th, 2004, 01:42 AM
The parking lot at the Hampton is also used by a Ryans steak house, they both are plenty big. I talked to a lady at Motel 6 and they seem to be quoting 2 prices, they should have this taken care of soon.

Alan

excelguru
January 27th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Dangit, I have GOT to get a blasted tow vehicle! SOON! [:O]

Keith :)
Unique Motorcars (http://www.uniquecobrareplicas.com)
Southern Automotive (http://www.southernautomotiveengines.com)
Bruce Bunn (the painter) (http://www.jodecoautobody.com)

My Photo Album (http://members5.clubphoto.com/keith355593/owner-429c-1.phtml)

GeorgiaSnake
January 27th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Got my invite now I'm checking my sons baseball schedule. I paln to attend with or without the car as we may be heading in from afar.

How about a poll on which hotel !!

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

eliminator
January 27th, 2004, 10:06 PM
I have stayed at the Hampton 3 different times and I like it, good big parking area for trailers. They also have the small breakfast bar. Don't know anything about Motel 6.

Eliminator

WBofTN
January 27th, 2004, 10:22 PM
I made my reservation at the Hampton yesterday.
How many of you motor heads are bringing wifes / girl friends or Life partners (hopfully no "life partners")?
My wife will most likley come - lucky for me, she likes cars and this hobby.
WB

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

eliminator
January 28th, 2004, 02:42 AM
My wife is coming, I couldn't get away with out her. You will find alot of Spouse's at this Homecoming. Also there are many sons and daughters that show up, pretty much a family affair.

Eliminator

Brent
January 28th, 2004, 02:42 AM
My wife can not come due to family obligations. No girlfriend, and damn sure no "life partner"

Brent

bittentoo
January 28th, 2004, 02:58 AM
My wife is coming and I wish that we could bring the boys, but then they would have to miss 2 days of school. I guess that the wife and I can find "something" to do without them:D

And I'm leaning towards the Hampton. Would like to stay where the majority do, figure there will be lots of bench racing in the parking lot[^]

Eric Miller
January 28th, 2004, 09:49 AM
My wife and I will be there Thursday afternoon. We are going to stay at the Hampton Inn.We went to DVSF last June and stayed at lesser hotel and I have never heard the end of that one.[}:)]

Eric

eliminator
February 11th, 2004, 12:12 AM
I understand Unique has already received 16-18 registrations, that's a good start. Who is not going to be able to go that are Forum members? Should be 40-50 cars there.

Eliminator

Jim Harding
February 11th, 2004, 10:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by eliminator

I understand Unique has already received 16-18 registrations, that's a good start. Who is not going to be able to go that are Forum members? Should be 40-50 cars there.

Eliminator

As much as I'd like to be there, it looks like other things on my schedule are taking priority..... (read wife has already spoken for that weekend):(

Jim Harding
La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004
http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/albums/album26/1aLeftside.thumb.jpg

JerryBP
February 11th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I doubt that we will have out car ready by then, maybe next year.

Work in Progress, Unique 427-9429 400+hp 351C Tremec 3550-2 5spd Coal Black
by Bruce, Greg & Jerry Porter Caldwell, Ohio

gasman
February 12th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Is anyone planning to bring the wife and or kids? My boys are 14 and 12. If there are no events planned for them, I'm sure they would just as soon stay at home. Hey Alan, please advise, I've been to plenty of Harley rally's with the kids and they've had a blast. Do you suggest they stay at home?

Steve Foushee

weaver
February 12th, 2004, 10:22 PM
We don't have anything planned for kids, there will be several kids, mostly teenagers at Homecoming and they always find something to do. There is usually several attendees that come alone and are happy to let kids ride along on the cruise. If nothing else we can put them to work serving refreshments.

Alan

Unique452hp
February 16th, 2004, 03:34 AM
I'm there too! I can't wait. I'm a new Unique owner and have never been to a homecoming.

1st car was a Cobra hopefully last will be also

bittentoo
February 17th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Just booked at the Hampton, Thursday thru Saturday. I'm ready for some more Catfish!

Jim, thanks for the info. It worked great. Might get some pics posted tonight:D Remember, you all asked for it, now you might have created a monster[}:)] So get those shades, you're going to need them[8D]

gasman
February 18th, 2004, 09:55 AM
I'll be there. Hey Clay, I'm at the Hampton, not sure if Karen and the kids are coming but can't wait to see you and the Silver beast.

Steve Foushee

clayfoushee
February 18th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Hey Bro, Unfortunately, I booked at the other place a long time ago before you entered the Cobra picture, and guaranteed it. Oh well. It'll be a blast, regardless!

Now, when you pick that thing up this weekend. Just go easy on the go-fast pedal....OK? I've heard too many stories of people cracking these things up on the first few drives. Sorry, just being a big brother, and I've seen you wringing cars out before....LOL. With your BB 427, that rear end will come loose quicker than anything you've ever driven. It'not just HP, it's the torque in that motor that will break it loose in an eye-blink.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

bittentoo
February 18th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Clay,

No big deal to cancel at the Motel 6. Pick up the phone and do it. That way, we can park them and party in the Hampton parking lot:D

Me thinks that the Homecomong might get some more cars now that DVSF has been canceled.

jhaynie
February 18th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Alan,

Whats the total attendance now for homecoming?

John

gasman
February 19th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Not to worry Clay....I'm scared to death of this thing until I get a few 100 miles under my belt. Incidently, I saw you were staying at Motel 6. I'm sure its fine, the only reason I picked Hampton was so that Karen hopefully will decide to join in for the fun.

Steve Foushee

jhaynie
February 19th, 2004, 01:57 AM
Hah Steve,

Karen sounds like Laurie "No way am I staying in a Motel 6". These women can be picky.

John

clayfoushee
February 19th, 2004, 02:45 AM
That's why I'm coming solo. Alan said the Motel 6 had better trailer parking and was next to the restaurant where the dinner will take place.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Brent
February 19th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Clay,
Why do you have to stay close to the restaurant??????

Are you scared to drive it?

Do you have a "trailer queen"?????

I'm sorry ,I could not pass that up. I owed you that.

Brent

clayfoushee
February 19th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Hey Brent...that's the spirit...a little good-natured shoveling keeps things fun[:o)].

However, my friend, I did say, first, that I was told Motel 6 had better trailer parking. And yes, in the rain, it IS a trailer queen (no top). May in the southeastern US is more often than not very wet.

Can't wait to see you drive yours in the rain!!!!!:D

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Brent
February 19th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Rain = enclosed trailer + lawn chair + cooler :D:D

Brent

gasman
February 19th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Clay, I'll bring a cordless drill and a datto bit, we can add some drain plugs to the floor boards after we finish the stripes.

Steve Foushee

eliminator
February 19th, 2004, 05:49 AM
Clay,

It worked :D, we let it out that Motel 6 had better trailer parking to get the "Riff Raft' over there:). Now the great trailer parking is at the Hampton....you can't listen to Alan:D:D.
Your brother won this one;).

Eliminator

clayfoushee
February 19th, 2004, 05:50 AM
Not necessary bro....I have an enclosed trailer.....eat your heart out when you're trying to clean that puppy up.

Brent...we're in 100% agreement. We can share a few cool ones under my trailer awning, and watch my brother fussing with his tarps, while trying to drill holes in his floor pans.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

clayfoushee
February 19th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Elim....well I guess I won't concern myself with the trailer gridlock in the Hampton Inn parking lot.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Brent
February 19th, 2004, 06:02 AM
So are you switching hotels????

I bet Bittentoo doesn't even need lights in his trailer :D

Brent

clayfoushee
February 19th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Brent,

I guess I'd rather be where most people are because some of the best parties will no doubt be in the parking lot. If most people are at the Hampton, I'll switch.

Has anyone taken a poll? Alan, do you have feeling for that?

Clay

Annapolis, MD

bittentoo
February 19th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Who needs stinking lights:D We'll have to break out the shades if the moon's out[8D]

And on second thought, maybe it's better if clayfoushee stays at the Motel 6. We don't need any of that "riff raff non striped cars" around[}:)] Send them packing across the tracks to the "6":D

clayfoushee
February 19th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Hmmmm...Bitten,

I guess those polished aluminum Kirkhams and the original, original Shelby Cobras, which were also polished aluminum and unpainted are riff-raff too?

Clay

Annapolis, MD

gasman
February 19th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Looks like its time to alert the moderator.

Steve Foushee

clayfoushee
February 19th, 2004, 09:23 PM
The stripe issue never came up until you arrived.....[:X], with your offers of masking tape. And, you wasted no time violating cardinal Cobra rule #1: Never allude that your car is perhaps better, in some way, than someone else's [even in jest]. Heaven's, you haven't even picked up your car yet, and you have points on your Cobra license.

Violations of rule #1 are punishable by.....oh well, you'll figure that out too!:)

Clay

Annapolis, MD

weaver
February 19th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Looks like we are going to need a penalty box at this years event or I might just clean out a corner we can send people too.

Alan

bittentoo
February 19th, 2004, 11:46 PM
No need for a penalty box.....I'll wait to see which brother is bigger and then jump on his bandwagon;) I'm just a big ol chicken:D:D:D

And BTW, lock up the women and children.....The Orange One is street legal now[}:)][}:)][}:)]

Fencewalker

Brent
February 20th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Bitten have you figured the digital camera out yet????

We need proof!!!!

PICS>>>>PICS>>>>PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent

clayfoushee
February 20th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Alan,

Do you have a feeling for where most people are staying yet? BTW, no need for a penalty box for us. We just love to banter.

Bitten, we're almost exactly the same size, so you're on your own. Did you say your car was orange?

Clay

Annapolis, MD

weaver
February 20th, 2004, 03:08 AM
It seems to about even on the hotel thing, we had a customer come in today to put in an order and after staying at Motel 6 will probably stay there for open house. We have around 30 entries so far.

Alan

Brent
February 20th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Are many people comming on Thursday?? I can not stay for Saturday so I thought I would head down Thursday morning and either drive and hang out or see if the Weavers needed any help with setup.

Brent

weaver
February 20th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Most people come in on Thursday and get together at Top Of the River for dinner, we should have everything at the shop under control by then. If you do come in early during the day stop by and say hello.

Alan

clayfoushee
February 20th, 2004, 05:13 AM
I'll probably be there Thursday too.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

weaver
February 24th, 2004, 06:05 AM
OK boys and girls, where's those entry forms, I've had several people tell me they are coming to Homecoming but haven't filled out their enrty forms yet, I know the form says to have them in by mid April but if you no you are coming please send it in now. You also need to book your hotel room early because our local jr college is having graduation that weekend.

Alan

clayfoushee
February 24th, 2004, 06:40 AM
....in the mail yesterday

Clay

Annapolis, MD

jhaynie
February 24th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Alan,

Where are the entry forms? I looked around this morning and couldn't find one on the site.

John

gasman
February 24th, 2004, 09:53 AM
John, I have an entry form, I'll fax you a copy tomorrow.

Steve Foushee

jhaynie
February 24th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks Steve.

John

Brent
February 24th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Is there a way we can post a list of who's comming, what car they have, and where they are from?

Brent

eliminator
February 24th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Talked to Maurice yesterday and they have 23 paid up folks. Guess alot of people are waiting until the very end to commit.

Eliminator

casaleenie
February 25th, 2004, 05:09 AM
I can't make it:(

My sister-in-laws son (my nephew)got married last month in Manhattan Beach, Ca. and is having a reception in Las Vegas on the 15th of May.
What a pisser!!!! Hell, I thought the kid was gay...

I've sat around all winter with nothing to do and was looking forward to Alabama in the Spring....[V]

AL

bittentoo
February 25th, 2004, 07:55 AM
casalweenie,

I thought that you were the man of the house[}:)] Put your foot down and just say NOOOOO[B)]

Good luck! You are going to need it.

Oh, BTW, sleeping with the dog ain't that bad:D

eliminator
February 25th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Brent,
To answer your question about the people that are going, if everyone will send me an e-mail at rbagley@papesinc.com that is going I will start a thread a edit it whenever I get names. Don't send me an email if you havn't paid and registered. If alan see your name and your not registered you will be scratched. What I need is like this:
(Example)

Eliminator, Rick and Cheryl Bagley, Louisville, KY, 427 S/C Candy Apple Red w/Performance White Stripes

Lets keep it simple.

Rick

nolastyankee
February 25th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Since our move is putting me in Arkansas, it looks like we will be able to make the trip over, sans Cobra. I still need an entry form...Anyone have a scanner or a fax machine?

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

WBofTN
February 25th, 2004, 11:48 PM
Rick:
Did you get the excel spread sheet from DSCC listing all members?
I counted over 30 Unique owners on the list and most included e-mail contact info. I think it would be nice to make these owners
aware of the home comming and this chat room.
What do you guys think??
WB

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

eliminator
February 26th, 2004, 12:04 AM
WB,
No I didn't get that. I think it's a great idea.
Can you do it?

Rick

eliminator
February 26th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Alan faxed me the application for Homecoming 2004 and I was going to attach it to a thread. The file is too big. This is in PDF format so you can print it out once it is opened. Here is what I can do, anyone wanting one just email me at rbagley@papesinc.com and I will reply and include the PDF file which you can open and print.

Rick

WBofTN
February 26th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Rick you have mail
WB

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

casaleenie
February 26th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Bittentoo,

A blind guy has a better chance of driving my Cobra than Las Vegas does of separating me from my money....
Besides, my wife will fall in love with the place and then I'll have to commit suicide... My son-in-laws will have trouble keeping up with her... and they love the place... My brother-in-law works at the Paris as a whale watcher...Hell, I thought the place was in the middle of the desert????:D

AL