PDA

View Full Version : Heater and defroster ducts

glenn
February 6th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Hello everyone,
Ready to install the heater and defroster unit.Having trouble deciding the best way to mount defroster ducts to the cowl.Also would like to mount the MSD box and fuse panel behind the defroster duct? Seems awfully tight for future acess.Any thoughts or pictures here would be appreciated. Thanks
Glenn

eliminator
February 7th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Glenn,

Keep in mind the fuse panel needs to be accessible, so don't stick it somewhere you cant get too. Mine is to the left side of the steering column. I mounted it to an aluminum bracket so I can drop it down if necessary. The MSD box is on the passenger side mounted to another aluminum bracket, just so it clears the windshield wiper motor assy. On the defroster ducts, I made aluminum tabs that use the screws that run through the deflectors on top of the cowl. The tabs are under the cowl and hold the defroster ducts up against the fiberglass, you could put a small amount of silicone sealant on the ducts. Remember if you do something permanent you will have problems later if you need to acess wiper assembly components.

Eliminator

J. Phillips
February 8th, 2004, 02:36 PM
I used epoxy to glue my defroster air horns to the cowl, and used cable ties to connect the hoses to the air horns . This way I can clip the ties if ever need to remove them for access. I mounted my fuse panel to the left of the steering column to make room for the msd onthe other side of the car. I built a mounting bracket for the msd using a peice of 1/16 plate and a short peice of angle. There is probably a better way, but this worked out real well for me.

JVP