PDA

View Full Version : race numbers

dmiller
February 8th, 2004, 05:56 AM
where my i find race numbers? i'm looking for some similar to the ones Unique has on their 289 fia.

are they decals?

thanks

doug

GeorgiaSnake
February 8th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Try here Doug

http://www.cobraaccessories.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=34&osCsid=bd190aec137e16c2c3cf45413b22cc7a

I'll dig up the others later.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

patrija
February 8th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Doug - I have the race numbers and the "sponsor stickers" from Cobra Accessories and they are outstanding. No problems at all and I've had mine on for about 3 mos now.

dmiller
February 8th, 2004, 10:30 AM
thank you both, i'll order them monday.

doug

clayfoushee
February 8th, 2004, 12:35 PM
They're not decals, but vinyl static cling. However, word of caution, I've had two of them, from the same source above, blow off at highway speeds. They're not cheap to replace. But, they do look cool.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Russ Dickey
February 9th, 2004, 04:26 AM
I had my gumballs and FIA Stripe put on by a local vinyl shop that does a lot of race cars in the area. Mine are not static cling, they use an adhesive. It's a "semi-permanent" vinyl that I can pull off whenever I want, but it destroys the decal when I remove them (doesn't hurt the paint however). The benefit is that they won't come off at speed, and they look like paint (until you run your hands across it - you can obviously feel the decal).

Cost me $225 for all of it. Took them 1 hour to install.

See my gallery over at CC for pics:
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=16049

A good vinyl shop in your area should be able to do the same thing. Let me know if you need specs.

Russ

Unique 289FIA - Viking Blue

GeorgiaSnake
February 9th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Russ
I checked out your pictures - in a word "cool". Where did you get the headrest?

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

Russ Dickey
February 10th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Randy:
Thanks man! I really appreciate it. I really love the headrest. I think it adds an extra "racey" touch to the car, and it really comes in handy when your foot accidentally slips off the clutch (no more skull-bouncing-off-the-roll-bar sound). Plus, when you're cruising along, you can just relax your head back and enjoy the drive.

The story behind the headrest is that it was installed by the previous owner, who built the car. He had gone to the vintage races at Lime Rock, and seen similiar ones on some Cobras and other cars with hoop-roll bars. He snapped some pictures, then with the help of a custom upholstery shop, fabricated his own custom headrest. I am not sure if these are offered by some aftermarket company or not. I can sure email you some close up pics of it if you'd like to make your own.

Thanks again,

Russ

Unique 289FIA - Viking Blue