PDA

View Full Version : Update one The Orange One

bittentoo
February 14th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Thursday evening she came off of the jack stands and moved on her on power for the first time[^] Man was that exciting! Had all of the neighbors wondering what blasted through the neighborhood:D might even have a couple of black marks down my drive way[}:)]The rain (what you get on the Gulf Coast instead of snow Ben:D) finally stopped today so the oldest son and I uncovered the car, fired her up and took her into the sprawling metropolis of Sweeny and got her inspected[^] I think that I might owe that guy a few six packs!

And just to let you all know, even though I have read all of the posts on "How to set the brake bias", I had it screwed up too! Had to call Alan Friday and he talked me through setting them up right, now I have good brakes.

As I was talking to Alan, he politely asked me why the **** haven't I posted some pics of the car (just kidding Alan):D Well here is my problem. I'm not the most computer literate person so I need some help. I have a new Dell Computer, Sony Ciber-shot camera and it has ImageMixer software. My problem is that I can't figure out how to shrink the file size down to 40k so that I can post pics. So help me out you computer lizards:D

clayfoushee
February 14th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Bitten,

Congrats on getting the "orange one" moving. I'm sure the thrill is unbelievable.

On the picture thing....you're probably going to have to head for Office Depot, Staples, your on-line software store, or some such place to get some decent photo processing software like Adobe Photoshop. The stuff that comes loaded on new computers is fine for viewing pictures, but no good for modifying them like shrinking the size of the file, so that you can upload them to various places or send them in e-mails.

I personally like Adobe Photoshop. I'm no whiz either, but it's pretty user-friendly. It also gives you the option of changing the format of any digital pic, so you can post them anywhere. Some sites only accept .jpg files, others .gifs, etc. Most sites will tell you what format they accept and what size. Here, it's both .jpg files and .gif files. When you click on the "photo-size" option in Photoshop, it will tell you the length and width of the pic, as well as the file size.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Jim Harding
February 14th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Bitten,

I use Image Mixer all the time to edit my photos for uploading to the forums. Give me your e-mail address and we can take this off the forum so I can give you some easy tips. The program is very easy to use after you play with it a little, and very versatile:D

- Jim -

Jim Harding
La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004
http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/albums/album26/1aLeftside.thumb.jpg

bittentoo
February 14th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Thanks Jim,

e-mail: jo-kelly@earthlink.net

weaver
February 14th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Once you figure out how to post pics of your car I would recommend that everyone wear shades before viewing, that color is bright.

Alan

K.Wilson
February 16th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Bitten,
I hate to admit this, but one day when I was doing battle with Photo Shop to get the file size down on some photos I wanted to send, my wife said "why don't you just set the camera on the lowest resolution setting when you take the photos, you don't need high resolution if you are just going to post them on the web". And she is right, the file size has always been less than 40K when I take them that way.
Keith

clayfoushee
February 16th, 2004, 03:12 AM
If you use the Photosize box in Photoshop, and set it on 3 X 5", it is almost always an acceptable size for most sites, including this one....even at the highest resolution. The advantage of doing it that way is you can always go back and re-size it for other applications. If you use the lowest resolution, it won't look good blown up.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

bittentoo
February 16th, 2004, 03:12 AM
K.Wilson, I've thought of that but some of the pics that I want to post have already been taken.

If I get it figured out, you all will be hollering Uncle:D