PDA

View Full Version : Seat installation

Gerry
February 28th, 2004, 02:48 AM
I just picked up my kit on Wednesday, consequently I am certain this is the first of many questions. Before I remove the body I want to locate and mount the seats. According to the picture in Appendix B it appears a spacer is used to prop up the front of the seat. What material is this spacer typically made of? From the picture it looks like a piece of painted 2x4 lumber. Also, what diameter of carriage bolts would you recommend?

Thanks
Gerry

pgermond
February 28th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Gerry,

I used aluminum channel that you can pick up at Home Depot or any hardware store. You can use 1" you if like, but I preferred the tilt of the 3/4". I used 3/8" dia carriage bolts (don't forget the lock washers :D)

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Copper01
February 28th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Gerry,

If you think you might want to have adjustable seat tracks, now is probably the time to do it. You might want to check out this thread. http://www.uniquecobra.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=290

Good luck!

Ben
Unique 427
SA 427SO w/ Toploader
Guardsman Blue w/ White Stripes

eliminator
February 29th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Gerry,

I used the fixed seating position, 1 1/2" square steel tube front and 1" square steel tube rear (powder coated black), this gives me a 4 point support. The rear support is positioned so the rear of the seat is about 3/8" off the floor. Used 3/8" Stainless Steel Carriage bolts.

Rick