PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Pgermond

WBofTN
March 4th, 2004, 11:37 PM
The bride / 2 offspring and I are flyin out to the left coast Tues for spring break[8D]. We have never been to California. We are landing in SanFan and heading south: Monterey / Carmel / Big Sur / Hearst Castle / and down as far as Pismo Bch. Then the plan is to cut over towards the Yosemite and the big tree parks after that we want to see the Napa area. My question: Do you recommend any places to see/stay or things to do?
WB
P.S. Can I swap out the rental car for a day or two with your Cobra??:D

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

pbrown
March 5th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Stop by the aquarium in Monterey - it's one of the nicest you'll see.

If you're an art buff, the Blue Dog studio in Carmel is great.

--Patrick

pgermond
March 5th, 2004, 07:36 AM
I stay at the Monterey Bay Plaze Resort and Spa... but that's only on business 'cause it is $$$$$$$$$$. My recommendation is to get on the Internet and search the Chamber of Commerce sites. That's what I usually do. Down by Hearst Castle is a town called Cambria (sic?). They have some really nice accomodations by the ocean and can be very reasonable depending on the time of year and events in the surrounding areas.

You have picked a good week weather wise - it is "suppose" to be a beautiful week coming up. Sorry I'm not more help. Oh, teah - check out what is available in the Carmel Valley - very reasonable (at times) also.

BTW - only if you rent a Viper!

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

sllib
March 5th, 2004, 09:05 PM
I had to get from Sacramento to LA once on business and had a rental car and a day to do it. Instead of running sraight down the freeway I went around SF (no time to do it justice) and down the coast. I never wished I had a Cobra or hot bike more than that day!! Leave lots of time to stop and gawk at the scenery and don't rush.
Bill Stradtner

WBofTN
March 6th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Thanks Guys for the input - I dont leave till tuesday a.m. So if you think
of any thing else - chime in!
Phil - My rental car will most likely be a Dodge - will that be close enuff to a viper???
WB

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

pgermond
March 6th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Here you go WB - this ought to get you started. Sorry, I can't recommend anything specific (usually down in the area on business, or stay with friends, or in the a motorhome ;)

The weather here is in the low-mid 70's. It was a peeeeerfect day for riding in the foothills.

"Most likely a Dodge - close to a Viper". Nah, thanks anyway, but I don't think soooooooooo [8D]

Hope yo have a good time and a safe trip.

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=htwv&from=m&stat=1&khst=1&locn=Monterrey%2C+Nuevo+Leon%2C+Mexico&ploc=Monterrey%2C+Nuevo+Leon%2C+Mexico&loid=&&zz=1078615393562&

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g32148-Cambria-Hotel-Deals_OvertureSD.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g32173-Carmel_Valley-Hotel-Deals_OvertureSD.html

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

WBofTN
March 7th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the links Phil.
WB

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp