PDA

View Full Version : Another obstacle overcome

pgermond
March 5th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Again, you guys who are not in California may not realize the significances of my next to last hurdle, but this afternoon I visited the BAR (smog referee). The guy was about as impersonal as he could be, but after they ran the test (the whole building shook when he brought it up to the required RPM), I walked away with a CA smog exemption certificate and sticker. He exempted based on 1960 smog requirements – aka NONE! Go figure, but who cares [:P] It's done [^]

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/pgermond/18 Exemption sticker.JPG

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

dmiller
March 5th, 2004, 08:11 AM
happy for you!

i'm still waiting for my Louisiana DMV to recover from the shock of my application. 5 weeks, and many phones, still waiting. i may not live long enough.

doug

pgermond
March 6th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Doug,

I feel your pain, although mine has subsided with my exempt sticker. California allows 500 specially constructed vehicles per year under SB 100. The first year (2002)they weren't all used - last year they ran out in June - as of February 27, 2004, they are all gone. No more until Jan 2005. For a state this size it just doesn't make any sense. It's no wonder folks find (illegal) alternatives.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)