PDA

View Full Version : 80 degrees

pgermond
March 14th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Out here in the West it has been unseasonable warm, which brings out the shorts and snakes. Guess I hadn't realized that I was laying my leg against he side pipe when exiting 'cause I have been wearing Levi's. My first, and hopefully last, snake bite [B)][B)] Yeah, I know, my legs ain't the prettiest... so save your comments ;)

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/pgermond/20 Snake Bite.JPG

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

clayfoushee
March 14th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Phil,

Congrats......on your first Cobra Purple Heart. I ended up with a 3rd degree burn on the back of my ankle after the infamous teen-piloted Focus backed into my car 2 weeks after I picked it up. I was so rattled as I got out of the car, I forgot about the pipes. 7 months later, it's still purple, but I like it now.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

eliminator
March 14th, 2004, 09:25 PM
You guy's must have never owned a motorcycle:(, if so you would be already educated:D:D.

Rick

pgermond
March 14th, 2004, 10:48 PM
I had a few in my younger days, but it was always the gal on the back who was getting the tattoos [8D]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Brent
March 15th, 2004, 12:21 AM
I would have more sympathy for you if you had not mentioned it was 80 degrees. I had to scrape my windows on the truck this morning.

Winter sucks!

Brent

WBofTN
March 15th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Phil-
I was able to injoy your 80 degree weather this weekend. I almost got hot
in Napa. We went to the beach (Stinson) and rode bikes across the Golden Gate bridge. Very nice weather indeed.
WB

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

Mike Geddes
March 15th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Sc--w you guys and your 'good' and 80 degree weather.
In the early hours of saturday morning I drove a 150 mile round trip
thru a blizzard and on roads covered in ice.....And then to top it all off I clipped a deer on the highway....luckily my brush bar pushed it away with no damage ( little bit messy )......and last but not least...nearly home...I ran over a Beaver....Now it's flat body matches it's flat tail.....Yeh...80 degree's..Bah Humbug.

But Phil,...the burns...real nice....You gotta watch out for little kids in parking lots etc.....they tend to get excited when they see 'a racing car'...and get real close to take a look inside...their little feet tend to go under the car....and their shins right up against the pipes...it's happened , believe me.
Mike

Mike Geddes

JerryBP
March 15th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Learned that bike hot pipe thing back in 60, ran off the road dodging a cow, we are planing on vented covers on them side-pipes.

ps; know anyone that wants a uesed Pantera. mine is for sale.

Work in Progress, Unique 427-9429 400+hp 351C Tremec 3550-2 5spd Coal Black
by Bruce, Greg & Jerry Porter Caldwell, Ohio

clayfoushee
March 15th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Very good point Mike, and a useful reminder.

You could get sued in a New York minute if you don't watch for kids and others after shutting down your car. I rarely, if ever, leave it alone in public, and I always stay with it immediately after shutdown. I constantly have to warn people about the hot pipes, because they gather almost immediately after I park.

If McDonald's can lose a large lawsuit over a hot coffee spill, it sure as heck can happen to you with your "irresponsible race car."

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

souzape
March 15th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Mike- you have a brush bar on your Cobra.....how about a picture?[^]

Mike Geddes
March 16th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Just to make you 80 degree guys feel better, I thought you would like to know that here in my part of Canada we are just at the front end of ANOTHER snow storm....My friendly weather forecaster tells me that
we are in for about 5 to 6 inches of the stuff in the next 24 hours.
DO YOU FEEL GOOD NOW.?

Philip...sometimes I wish I had a Brush Bar on my Cobra....but I just have the regular 'Nudge' bars.....But, I have managed, over the years,
to bag my fair share of road kill with the Cobra, including Possums,
Racoons, Rabbits, the odd Skunk and some Snakes.
Fourtunatly when I clipped the Deer and flattened the Beaver, I was in my 4 whell drive SUV.

Hope the sun continues to shine in California.( Yeh really.)

Mike

Mike Geddes

souzape
March 16th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Mike- Don't ever let anyone give you the old " but it's a dry heat" line. I get weather limited here too. In the summer it can literally suck the moisture off your eyeballs. But right now it's pretty nice and I'll take the 80 degrees with a big smile!!