PDA

View Full Version : DMV progress

dmiller
March 16th, 2004, 02:10 AM
after 7 weeks, the Louisiana DMV has decided that i may proceed to the next step of having the state police do a physical inspection. i started calling their office after 4 weeks and for the past 3 weeks had been getting their version of the official shuffle.

yesterday, i asked the latest in the long line of DMV supervisors if she thought a call from my state senator would help my application move along. she said it wouldn't help, but this morning i get a call saying the papers would be sent for the physical inspection. maybe just the thought of a senator's call was the straw that sent it forward.

its been very difficult to watch the cobra sit in the garage gathering dust. hope to soon be able to enjoy the car.

doug

pgermond
March 16th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Doug,

The subtle hint of getting a high ranking public official involved couldn't have hurt, but it was probably just a coincidence that your paper work got off TDC after your comment ;) I'm going in this afternoon for my brake and lamp certification.... wish me luck!

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

eliminator
March 16th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Boy what a pain in the a$$, I though KY was bad. After two days and some bull $hit I was done. Sounds very frustrating.

Rick