PDA

View Full Version : FIA coming to it's new home in Arizona

clinck
March 22nd, 2004, 11:09 AM
Well. she's almost here...somewhere between Eau Claire, Wisconsin and Scottsdale, Arizona a lone driver hauling an enclosed trailer has my most prized possession in tow.
I bought Jeff Karnitz's 289 FIA. Jeff has built 7 cars with his Dad over the last 10 years. I can't turn a decent wrench but I talked to Alan about the car and he told me not to hesitate and get a check out before someone else got there before me. Alan said that Jeff's work was meticulous and accurate.
So.. I did what every red blooded American does with his hard earned cash. I sent it to Jeff and in return my Cobra is coming to Arizona to live with me and my loving and understanding wife, Carolyn. This is not the only car in our garage that serves no real purpose in life except to please my craving for beauty, poise and power.
I have enjoyed reading everyone's postings. This is what I like about car people. They share and they are generous. They're the people that I hang with here in AZ. If you don't love a Cobra then something is wrong with you in my humble opinion.

I look forward to Thursday or Friday when I will forget about work and roll her out of the trailer for the first time. I will take pictures of her and post in the forum.

Thanks to all for the real enjoyment of this site. It's a blast to be around other people that lose all sense of reality when it comes to their passion. What could be better than?

Regards,

Sundown
PS Sundown is about the best time of day here in Arizona

Sundown

pgermond
March 22nd, 2004, 11:22 AM
Hey Sundown,

Congratulations and welcome to the insanity, er, club. An understanding wife is a must....... sounds like you have one so double congrats. In my opinion the anticipation of the delivery is the hardest part to deal with - whether it is complete or incomplete, it doesn't much matter

Enjoy, as I know you will :D:D:D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Brent
March 22nd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Welcome!!

Glad you found this site and I look forward to pictures.

Brent

ps. what is your other passion vehicle in the garage?

eliminator
March 22nd, 2004, 09:13 PM
At least when you unload it you can drive it in the nice AZ weather. Weather here is still on the cold side. Look's like a 70 degree + week-end in sight, this will be good, very good. Anticipation is great, once it's over it's over, enjoy your new ride. Keep us posted.

Rick

Jim Harding
March 22nd, 2004, 09:17 PM
Sundown,

Great find! Congratulations, and welcome to the gang of like minded insane guys!

Jim Harding
La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004
http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/albums/album26/1aLeftside.thumb.jpg

bittentoo
March 22nd, 2004, 10:00 PM
Congrats sundown!!!!

Now get your reservations into the Weavers for the Homecoming!

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the car:D

clinck
March 22nd, 2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the congrads...Anticipation is one thing and reality is another. I am looking forward to getting the car here safe and sound and in the garage where I can start to do what I do best.....polish and detail work.

I hope to have pictures up for everyone on Friday. You know it's funny...we all own cars that look pretty much alike in every detail yet we're all interested in seeing these cars in any form, shape condition, weather, activity etc. I love it.
I've been in the car loving business for 55 years. I could name every car that was on the road by the time I was 5. Today's cars are ok I guess. you can get from here to there in comfort and safety. What's missing is the soul. That's why we love the Cobra. Cobra's are born out of the molds with a automotive soul. The motor's the heat pumping the car's life blood but make no mistake these cars have a charisma and a presence unlike any other car of their era
Oh well, enough preaching to the choir.
Keep the faith brothers. Rubber side down is good!

Sundown

Rick, the cobra's stable mate is a 1967 corvette small block roadster.

Sundown

Silk
March 22nd, 2004, 10:54 PM
Sundown,

Great news. I have the car Jeff & his dad built right before yours, and you're right - their work is exceptional. Congratulations! :D

Gary
Unique FIA 351W