PDA

View Full Version : Dateline: March 23, Cobra comes to Arizona

clinck
March 23rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
OK, here's the latest on the delivery of the Sundown Cobra...

I talked to Rodger today. He drives for Enclosed Vehicle Transport. He was at Jeff's [Jeff Karnits] in Eau Clare, Wis. on Saturday morning. They loaded the car in the trailer and then picked up the phone and advised me that transfer of possession has occurred. "Oh My God" the horse has finely left the barn. Now all I can think of is to call Rodger and advise him to drink alot of coffee and stop as much as he likes. Take your time. Hell, make a vacation out of it BUT...... bring that car to me as eaxactly as it left the builder's hands. Drive fast.. but be careful for Christ's sakes. You're transporting more than just a motor and four wheels. This is passion your carryin. I could easily stick this money in a place that would yield a profit on an anualized basis.....naah.....way too boring.
I expect Roger to be at my house around Friday noon. I promised him a good stout lunch as he helps me ease [u]Ruby </u>off the trailer and into the garage. Roger will take off shortly for a trip upstate to pick up a motorcycle in Vegas. It will all be over in a heartbeat but I am waiting the minutes and hours out like a 9 year old at 2 oclock AM on Christmas Eve.
God, thank you.....it's good to be alive in the Grand Ole Country.

More to come..

Sundown

Sundown

Brent
March 23rd, 2004, 01:04 PM
Good luck. I would not be able to sleep a wink until it was in the garage. I would always be wondering " where is it right now?"

Brent

pgermond
March 23rd, 2004, 01:28 PM
I used EVT also. Great service - they showed up a day ahead of schedule [^] (that comment ought to keep you up all night) ;)

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

clayfoushee
March 23rd, 2004, 03:50 PM
Sundown,

You bought a great car judging from Jeff's record. I can vouch for Gary's (Silk's) car, which is bullet proof and on the road all the time. He's an exceptional builder of Uniques. You're gonna love it!!!! I've been telling people on Club Cobra that for awhile, and I'm glad you snapped it up.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

clinck
March 23rd, 2004, 09:21 PM
Clay,
Jeff's got a good reputation with the unique guys. I bought the car wthout seeing it in person on the strength of what a few people said about Jeff and the car. I called alan Weaver and he said that the car was exactly as descibed by Jeff in his sales ad and that I should quickly put my money down if I was really serious. Well, as I said before that's exactly what I did.
Car's on the road today in Kansas on the way to Pueblo Colorado. Tomorrow night Roger will make it to Flagstaff, Az and be at my house in the late morning on Friday.
Lovely Carolyn is flying to New York on thursday for the weekend so I will be alone for the weekend with nothing to do but stare at the Cobra....how awful can that be?
Sundown

Sundown

clayfoushee
March 24th, 2004, 12:30 AM
You did good! Have a great weekend.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

bittentoo
March 24th, 2004, 12:58 AM
sundown,

I wish that you would show a little more enthusiasm:D

I know that as the date approached for me to pick up my car from the Weavers, I might have been just a little excited;) I KNOW that the Weavers were glad to get me out of thier hair:D:D:D

Good luck!!!!

Friday is a looooonnnnggggggg way off[xx(]