PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Homecoming

clinck
March 26th, 2004, 10:00 PM
I wanted to throw this out for comments.
I am thinking about making the trip back to Alabama for homecoming but I wouldn't have Rubywith me this year[V]. I have no trailer and could not take the extra time from work without plannig ahead for the time.
So the nex tbest option would be for me to fly to Birmingham on Thursday evening or Friday morning, rent a car and head to the Weaver's place.
My concern is that this is a car event and I have no car there so I would need to ride shotgun with someone to enjoy the Alabama countryside on Saturday's cruise. Well, that's like asking yourself to the highschool prom alone....
I wouldn't want to impose on anyone or make myself like a third thumb. You know what I mean.
I could just take a chance and if there's a ride great and if not then it's not the end of the world. Maybe other people will be in the same boat as me with no car and we can play conasta or gin rummy while the Big dogs are huntin.

Regards Brothers,

Sundown

Poorboy
March 27th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Sundown,
You won't be the only one without a car. You could go on the cruise in your rental car(get a Mustang convertible) I'll be on my bike. Come on down join the fun!!!!!!!

Poorboy

clinck
March 27th, 2004, 02:10 AM
That's and idea that I didn't think about.....hmmm. Maybe that's what I'll do
Thanks poorboy

Sundown

Brent
March 27th, 2004, 03:33 AM
I will be there by myself as I am sure others will be also. Somebody will let you ride shotgun. I would have been glad to let you ride with me but I have to leave early Saturday morning to make it home in time for a 12:00 wedding. %$#&@ :(

Brent

Poorboy
March 27th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Brent,
You could just leave your car, I'm sure someone would bring it home to ya.

Poor(Dreamimg)boy

Brent
March 27th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Poorboy,

You said you would be on your bike. Where is your car ?

Brent

Poorboy
March 27th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Brent,
My car may be there, but someone else owns it now.

Poorboy

Brent
March 27th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Poorboy,
I did not know that. Are you going to build another one or shift gears to something else for a while?

Brent