PDA

View Full Version : Here is a kick in the head!

pgermond
March 27th, 2004, 11:55 AM
This weekend I was in Reno, so I decided to swing by the Superformance dealer, just 'cause I needed a fix. What do I find in the show room? Not one, not two, not three or four......... but five Superformance cars that are Indigo Blue with Titanium stripe :(

So much for my unique Unique. The guy in the store said he was sick of the color and was hoping the factory would send him something different :(:( This wouldn't bother me much, expect their main market is N.Cal and Oregon.

A classic car dealer in Reno was advertising a B&B for $35k, so I stopped by to take a look. A 302 c.i., w/AT, Ford 9", etc. If it sells for 35, then a Unique is in the $65-70k range [^]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

clayfoushee
March 28th, 2004, 02:45 AM
That's OK Phil. Whenever my car draws a crowd, right after the "is it real" question, it's usually, "why doesn't it have stripes", followed rather quickly by, "how come it isn't blue?" At least, you won't have to face those questions:)

Blue w/ white stripes is a beautiful and natural Cobra combo, so it's no accident that it's come to signify the breed in the general public.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Mike Geddes
March 29th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Don't sweat it Phil.
YOU BUILT YOUR CAR >>>> BY YOURSELF
thats more than enough to be proud of.
Mike

Mike Geddes

Brent
March 29th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Mike hit the nail on the head.

I have met and spoken to a couple of Superformance owners and they are different people than Unique owners. I do not mean to group everyone in one catagory. There are some very sharp people that could easily build a car but decided to purchase a finished car for other reasons.
I am talking about the people that know nothing about the history of the Cobra, don't know what is in their motor,don't know what transmission they have, don't know the rear gear, valve lash,timing,or anything else. Unique owners seem to be a little more "aware" of whats what. I can't wait to get to Gadsden in May and learn some more :D

Some of the people we will meet in May are experts at building these cars and they never use a computer.(they don't have time they are always in the shop:D)

Be proud phil! [^]

Very few people can do what you have done.

Brent