PDA

View Full Version : Update on Gasman's ride

gasman
March 31st, 2004, 10:32 AM
Hey Guys, Please forgive my absence from the site recently. As most of you know, I've had my car several weeks now. And as some of you know, the Holly carburetor on my car has been giving me fits, just one problem after another. Always runs way too rich. After discussions with several mechanics and our own "Eliminator", I decided to abandon my Holly in favor of a Quick Fuels Technology 750 CFM with 74 primary and 84 secondaries. I put the carburetor on the car tonight and cannot believe the difference in throttle reponse. Clean, quick and very smooth throttle response compared to the Holly that came off. The carburetor body is anodized red, float bowls are typical brushed gold...looks very trick. It is raining at present, so the road test will have to wait. Also the stud that holds the air cleaner in place is too small for the new carburetor. Don't want to risk pulling something into the motor that doesn't belong there. Weather permiting, I'll road test tomorrow and update on the Striped Foushee again.

Steve Foushee

clayfoushee
March 31st, 2004, 10:55 AM
Hey.....don't ask me....I'm only his brother.....first I've heard of it. Never even heard of that brand carb. Anybody else heard of this set-up on a 427FE?[:O]

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Brent
March 31st, 2004, 08:30 PM
I hope the road test goes well and your troubles are behind you. Well, at least for now....it is a Cobra.

Brent

eliminator
March 31st, 2004, 09:13 PM
Quick Fuel Technologies is located in Bowling Green, KY all the principals are ex-Holley guys. For those that don't know Holley is also in Bowling Green. You can check their web site out www.quickfueltechnology.com. They supply their own version of Holley carb's and will build you a "new" period correct carb or anything you want. Also supply a complete line of Holley Parts and their own stuff too. For the money it's some great stuff. The Car. Gasman has is basically like a 4150 Holley Pro Series, no choke, vacume secondaries that are adjustable. Flows 780-790 CFM. For about 100.00 less than the 4150 Pro Series. They also work in conjunction with Proform and use the Proform Body on some of their carburetors. They rebuild, modify and do other trick stuff.

Rickhttp://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/eliminator/Proform.gif

eliminator
March 31st, 2004, 09:16 PM
Gasman,

You can get an adapter, 5/16x18 that screws into the carburetor and has a 1/4x20 stud that goes to the Airfilter, that will solve your problem. Mr. Gasket makes them I think.

Rick

weaver
March 31st, 2004, 09:56 PM
we have a customer that was one of Barry Grants top guys and is now in buisness for himself, he is a dirt track racer and has even been featured on the History Channel, Boys of Dirt Track. He has built several carbs for us including Terry Pendletons Braswell carb on his Ernnie Elliott Nascar motor, the car runs better now than it ever has. His name is David Smith and he is just outside of Dawsonville Ga, his number is 706-864-6789, he plans on coming to this years Homecoming so if you have carb problems call him and see if he can bring his screw driver with him.

Alan

clayfoushee
April 1st, 2004, 04:26 AM
OK.....so it is a Holley, just not really. At first I was concerned until Gasman later mentioned that Rick Bagley had arranged it....he just called it Quick Fuel Technologies w/o mentioning the professional recommendation. I was thinking omigod.....first the BMW service visit, and now this!!!! [:O]

Clay

Annapolis, MD

gasman
April 1st, 2004, 05:46 AM
Perhaps my next posting should be my time in the quarter mile. ;)

Steve Foushee

Brent
April 1st, 2004, 06:42 AM
:D 1/4 mile time :D

I love it!! Gadsden should be fun with 40-500hp cars full of racing fuel and a two stage shot of testosterone.[:P]

Brent

clayfoushee
April 1st, 2004, 07:04 AM
Sure brother.....you can post it, but it's not official until it's validated by at least 3 other Unique-owner stop watches at a neutral track in Alabama:D

Clay

Annapolis, MD

gasman
April 1st, 2004, 08:54 AM
Got the air cleaner back on tonight and took it out for a test drive with the new carburetor. :D YeeHaw! Now I know what secondaries feel like. Just needs a tiny bit of tweaking and it is going to be awesome! Hey Rick, Thanks for your help with this. My problems are (temporarily) by the way side.

Steve Foushee