PDA

View Full Version : Twice is nice?

pgermond
April 15th, 2004, 12:18 PM
I have a severe case of Cobra fever……… real severe [:P] So severe, I’m considering building a 289 for my wife (she’s jumping up and down with excitement!). Just out of curiosity, do any of you have more than one Cobra (Unique, of course)? And, have any of you built more than one?

Actually, there is one hurdle I have to overcome, and that is space. A two-car garage with four cars in a residential neighbor in CA is pushing it. If that weren’t an issue, I most likely would be calling Jean tomorrow asking to speak to Alan to start working on my volume discount :D

Am I nuts and, if so, any suggestions for a cure?

Alan, don’t bother replying because I know what your advice will be ;)

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

clayfoushee
April 15th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Phil, if your partner is that into it, you are a very lucky man!!!! Pick up the phone and do it!

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

bittentoo
April 15th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Make the kids sleep together, knock down the front bedroom wall and install another garage door[}:)] Now your car will have carpet to sleep on:D

"She's jumping up and down with excitement", pgermond, I think that you have been married long enough to know what you have to do! Pull the trigger and worry about the small details later:D

Brent
April 15th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Phil,
Butch Capps and his wife have each have a car and I know they enjoy them alot. Butch actually enjoys driving his wifes 289 car alot more than his 427.

Brent

gasman
April 15th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Phil, The parking issue can easily be resolved with a lift. Park one under the other.

Steve Foushee

weaver
April 15th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Phil, we have several customers that have built more than one Unique, we have two customers that have built 6 and a local guy, Larry, has built 4. I'll go ahead and sharpen my pencil while I wait for your call.

Alan

WBofTN
April 15th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Phil:
Maybe your wife wants her own car b/c she hates your driving;)
WB

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

pgermond
April 16th, 2004, 03:02 AM
I am fortunate - my wife really loves these cars. I wish "I" could make her scream as much as she does when I put my foot on the accelerator :D

As for having the kids sleep together and knocking out a wall... they are long gone, that's why I can afford to indulge myself. The lift won't work because of height issues, so a garage remodel might be in my future [:P]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)