PDA

View Full Version : ride height

Alan P.
April 21st, 2004, 10:58 AM
I own a FIA 289 running standard off-set compomotive wheels, running
255/60/15 275/60/15 tires. How far down can the rear springs be lowered without rubbing the body? I just want 1" of my rear fender to cover the top of my tire just as my front fender does.

clayfoushee
April 21st, 2004, 11:14 AM
Not sure I understand your question, but my car shows about an inch gap between the very top of the tire tread and the fender lip on all four corners. No rubbing, but I wouldn't go any lower.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Brent
April 21st, 2004, 08:48 PM
Alan,

I don't know about the 289 cars but on my 427 I have the spring as low as it will go. Fender does not rub and it looks cool that way.

Brent

gasman
April 24th, 2004, 09:10 PM
How difficult is it to adjust ride height? Could someone discribe the procedure? My car looks lower than most in the front and higher in the rear. I have a full two inches from tread to fender lip in the rear and the tread in the front isn't visable. It would look fine if it was a 69 GTO, but it ain't.

Steve Foushee

eliminator
April 24th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Steve,

Do you have Carerra's on the rear? If so its a matter of adjusting each shock adjustment screw down. Did you get you a low profile aluminum jack yet?? The new one that Craftsman (Sears) has out is really good. Had a frind buy one, today through next week is Crafstman Tool Days for Club Members, easy to join at Sear's and get an additional 10% off every time they have Tool Club Days, as info.

Rick

gasman
April 28th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Rick, 1.) Yes I do and 2.) no I haven't yet. My office/garage is under construction and should be completed in 90 days. It will have a four post lift.

Steve Foushee