PDA

View Full Version : Another idea for homecoming

jhaynie
May 5th, 2004, 10:50 PM
I don't want to take away from homecoming in anyway, but I found out that NASA (National Auto Sports Association) is having a race in Talledega on the same weekend as homecoming. They are also having their High Performance driving schools that weekend. It might be fun to run some cars down and spend some time on the track and possible learn something. I'm going to look into what's involved and may run down Saturday. Its only about 40 or 50 miles from Gadsden.

John
http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2004May14/event.shtml

Unique 289FIA #9367
351W Fuel Injected

gasman
May 6th, 2004, 11:47 AM
John, please keep us posted on what you find out, I agree that it would be a shame to distract from what the Unique folks have planned for us. Regardless of what we do, its going to be a heck of a lot of fun to have this many car nuts together for a weekend.

Steve Foushee

bittentoo
May 6th, 2004, 11:51 AM
All I know is that we had better do a lot of cruisin!!!!!I built mine to drive, not to stay parked in a parking lot:D

gasman
May 6th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Yeah crusing will be fun, but I want to do a lot of looking under the hood. Rick and I talked by phone earlier in the week about some of the modifications that have evolved on many of these cars. There are some really good common sense ideas out there. I can't wait to see how to make my car better than it is.

Steve Foushee