PDA

View Full Version : under fender covering

COBRAGAR
May 6th, 2004, 02:28 AM
i am thinking of useing herculiner bed liner stuff . any other advise or ideal

patrija
May 6th, 2004, 02:51 AM
I just did mine this past weekend. Here's a summary of what I learned on this forum and in practice:

1) Buy a big box of aluminum foil. Use the foil to wrap around the shocks, disks, etc. It works great!

2) I used automotive masking tape to define my paint line and for places foil does not work.

3) I bought a liner paint from Pep Boys - think it was Duracolor or something like that. I don't think the brand will really matter.

4) I also bought several different sized brushes, including an angled one. Lots of people roll it on, I found the brushes easier and had no visible brush strokes.

Hope that helps!

Brent
May 6th, 2004, 03:42 AM
I used the Herculiner and applied it with supplied foam rollers. I am very pleased with the results. I coated the entire under side of the car and 3 coats in each wheel well.

Good luck
Brent

GeorgiaSnake
May 6th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Brent how much does the beautiful car of yours weigh :D

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

bittentoo
May 6th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Counting the wax?:D:D:D:D:D

Brent
May 6th, 2004, 06:25 AM
I can't post on anything without you guys yelling "waxer" can I ? :(

:D:D:D I love it!!!! :D:D:D

I just hope the Webers start and run at homecoming ;)

Brent

brfutbrian
May 6th, 2004, 08:55 AM
whatever you use,just make sure you use plenty in the fenderwells. its cheap protection against a kicked up rock causing a star crack in the body and paint above. brian

COBRAGAR
May 6th, 2004, 07:53 PM
ok i used herculiner from pep boys . let me tell it works great brushed and roll-on.put one more thing if this material gets on your hands it's a b-t-h to get off . here i sit behind a computer at work w/long sleeve shirt and trying to hide my hands from coworker .instuctions says if it get on you it should come off in about 3 days .

Brent
May 6th, 2004, 09:03 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I do remember that part.

The fumes in the fender wells [xx(]

Brent

patrija
May 6th, 2004, 09:36 PM
My garage still smells from coating the wheel wells on Sunday/Monday!

eliminator
May 6th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Directions: Always use rubber protective gloves when applying product;).

Rick

COBRAGAR
May 6th, 2004, 10:13 PM
you are so right eliminator.