PDA

View Full Version : Be Carefull

Poorboy
May 12th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Ya'll be carefull on the way to Gadsden. Alan told me Rick Bagley had an accident on his way here[:. No one hurt:), banged up the right front his Drango,right front of the trailer,& did some damage to one of the doors on his Cobra. He is still coming, he was about an hour away when he called.

Drive Safe, Poorboy

bittentoo
May 12th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Thanks poorboy!

I'm sighing off and fixin to head out myself:D

Hope the Superduty gets us there[:P]

jhaynie
May 12th, 2004, 08:01 AM
I'm scared to leave town. What could happen next?

Unique 289FIA #9367
351W Fuel Injected

pgermond
May 12th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Man, you guys are having some nasty luck these last couple of weeks :( The west coast is sending positive vibes your way to ward off all that bad vodoo thats been swirling around so you have an enjoyable and memorable weekend :D:D:D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

gasman
May 12th, 2004, 09:49 AM
I'm bringing a bottle of the finest for my man Rick...can you imagine how bad he must feel. This is awful.

Steve Foushee

Brent
May 12th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Bad deal!

Ricks trailer and car are immaculate. He must be sick.

C'mon everyone this stuff has got to stop. As Poorboy said be careful.

Brent

clayfoushee
May 12th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Just pulled into the Country Inn west of Knoxville. Had a hell of a day just getting out of my house.....seems that several of the neighbors are having their driveways repaved, and there was a dump-truck blocking my driveway, which made it impossible for me to get the trailer out...... 2 hrs. later, I found the bastard.

Smooth ride, except for I-40 through Knoxville is in appalling condition. I thought some of our highways were bad, but I was waiting for the dang trailer to come unhooked even at 45mph.

That's terrible about Elim.....

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Brent
May 12th, 2004, 07:28 PM
I am heading out this morning around 8am.

Screw mother nature, I am just looking forward to meeting all of you.

Brent

weaver
May 13th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Rick made it in OK with only minor damage, man was he lucky. The sun is shining and customers are starting to arrive, guess I better bet off the computer and start sweeping.

Alan

Tony Radford
May 13th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Brent, don't be "screwing" mother nature. She may decide to take it out on me and Chill tomorrow. We are at her mercy!

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

eliminator
May 17th, 2004, 03:27 AM
For all that were not at Homecoming, we were very Lucky and more.
A tractor trailer sucked the air off the trailer while we were going down hill at 62 MPH, right lane. The truck was traveling about 80 MPH and passed with a few feet of us. The trailer got pulled toward the inside lane and started weaving violently back and forth, all efforts failed (acceleration, manually applying the trailer brakes with the controller) to recover from the fish-tailing. We hit a concrete bridge divider with the right front of the Durango and the right front of the trailer, blowing the right front trailer tire. It shoved the Lakewood Bellhousing into the trailer floor, the side pipe into the aluminum diamond tread plate on the
floor, popped the passenger door open on the Cobra and it hit the side of the trailer. Wild ride as we rode 20-28 inches up the concrete divider. No problems in the past but I had 20 gallons of fuel in the car that took a little tongue weight off the car and all the bad stars lined up to create a bad situation. Will post some pictures later. Make sure if you have a trailer to get with your insurance company and talk about the insurance, glad I had done that.

Rick
Durango, Tow Vehicle
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/eliminator/Homecoming 056.jpg
United Expressline, 22' Racers Special
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/eliminator/Homecoming 057.jpg
225/15 Goodyear, 6 ply trailer tire
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/eliminator/Homecoming 066.jpg
Lakewood Bellhousing and Oil Pan Hit the Floor
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/eliminator/Homecoming 065.jpg

brfutbrian
May 17th, 2004, 10:08 AM
on my way home,i had two cars go around me on the right as i was finishing passing a car on I-81 just south of winchester va.they blew by at about 90 and pulled up in front of me just as the highway suddenly stopped dead. (i was already braking) even with locking down the trailer and smoking all four tires on the trailer, i had no choice but to do a blind swerve into the right lane at about 35 to 40. and i do mean swerve, like a quarter turn each side of center on the wheel. like enough to flip an suv without pulling a trailer. dont ask me how i didnt lose control, cause i dont know. the scary part was we ran into mike and tom driving their cars back to connecticut and we were running together since bristol and it had started raing about 15 miles before and they called it a day cause of the rain. the whole thing was was real ugly. im glad they werent there. it could have been alot uglier. later, brian

clayfoushee
May 17th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Brian, I was running through there too on Sunday in the heavy rain, and it was ugly. Never seen so many 18 wheelers, in bumper-to-bumper and couldn't see a damn thing in all the kicked up mist. I had a close call too and got a little squirrely, but not as bad as yours. Glad you didn't hit anything.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
May 17th, 2004, 11:26 AM
i was just really glad tom and mike werent there. thats the part that really scared me. the evasive action didnt bother me. you do what youve got to do and just react. at least i was in a suburban. and if that wasnt bad enough about a half an hour after that downpour, i was passing this woman with a couple of kids that just hung on me along side the trailer gawking at the car for about a mile. i dont mind for a half minute or so, but i wanted her out of there and the road was clear so i sped up to almost 90 for just a couple seconds just to give her a hint that i didnt want her there and she stayed right along side all the way to 90. there was nobody anywhere behind me so i braked real hard back down to 40, and what does she do, brakes just as hard and stays right along side of my trailer. finally after A.J. gives her the arm out the window, palm up , "what the hell are you doing" jesture out the passenger window does this woman finnally figure out what going on and backs off. some folks just got no common sense. i dont trust anyone on the road. later, brian

eliminator
May 6th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Good to read this every once in awhile, reality check.

Check everything before to leave, leave early enough that you don't rush, drive defensively. If you have some bad weather, rain, storms, take it easy.