PDA

View Full Version : three questions

dmiller
May 20th, 2004, 03:54 AM
1) i have the stock tires that come with the coso wheels that unique offers. What tire pressure?

2) wheel alignment, i have 200 miles, but the car has been off the ground on jacks several times while accumulating these miles. how many miles since it was last lifted off the wheels should be on the suspension before i take it for an alignment?

3) real wheel play. there is a slight amount of play, chamber, in the rear wheels. both wheels seem to have the same amount. it isn't much. but should i worry about this?

thanks

doug

gasman
May 20th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Doug, 28.5 using a digital tire pressure gauge works well for my car. Sorry, I cannot help with questions 2 and 3.

Steve Foushee

Poorboy
May 20th, 2004, 04:40 AM
Make an appointment to have it alined, take about a 20 mile ride on the way there.
A little movement is normal.

Poorboy

eliminator
May 20th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Doug,
#1. Varies, I use 24# front 26# rear.

#2. You need about another 50 after you get it off the jack stands, 250 minimum.

#3. Rear wheel play is normal and should be there and equal on both sides. Front wheel play should be removed prior to alignment, by the front axle nut, adjust to spec's.

Rick

Brent
May 20th, 2004, 05:02 AM
I run 20 lbs front and rear.

Brent

ralphscott
May 20th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Doug I run the same tire pressure as Rick and have 4300 miles on the car and tire wear is not noticable. I have a 428 with Al heads, intake, and water pump so it is not as heavy as original. 200 miles off of the jacks and my carreras are settled. Don't forget to adjust your sway bars after the alignment with all four wheels on the ground. Its tough on an old guy like me, but it must be done. We have a guy in Knoxville that does a great job on alignments and I have the specs on what was done on my car if you want them. There is a story about someone trying to take the rear wheel play out...I saw the result and you don't do it. The fix after it breaks from trying to take the play out as I understand it will cost you a bundle.

ralphscott #9361

dmiller
May 20th, 2004, 06:07 AM
thanks to all that replied.

doug