PDA

View Full Version : Pics from carlisle replicar event

glenn
May 23rd, 2004, 11:59 AM
hello everyone,
Spent last friday & saturaday with the weavers at carlisle replicar show.Had achance to see the other manufactures and compare again.I'll stay with my unique and the weavers any day.Learned alot more about unique and comparing them to the other cars.Plus showing the cars to the public is a lot of hard work and a lot of fun.Hearing all the compliments and praises on Butch capps 289, Lee Dahamers 427, and my 427,was so satisfying and rewarding couldn't help coming away with a great feeling.I'd love to do it again.Anyway my car on its way back to alabama with the weavers to sort out the engine problem.Hope to know something by the end of the week.Will try to load a couple pics of the event.
Glenn

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/glenn/Pict0231.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/glenn/Pict0230.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/glenn/Pict0232.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/glenn/Pict0233.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/glenn/Pict0234.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/glenn/Pict0235.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/glenn/Pict0236.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/glenn/Pict0237.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/glenn/Pict0238.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/glenn/Pict0239.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/glenn/Pict0231.jpg

pgermond
May 23rd, 2004, 01:22 PM
Nice photos Glenn. Thanks for sharing :D How was the weather this year?

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Jim Harding
May 23rd, 2004, 09:06 PM
I took a day trip up there on Saturday. Weather was picture perfect that day, albeit a bit hot! Friday was typical Carlisle weather.... rain in the morning and evening. Didn't look like it dampened any spirits, great turn out. Got a chance to meet Alan face to face and enjoy some car talk with him. Might have to do the whole weekend next year.... just too much to see in one day.

- Jim -

Jim Harding
La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004
http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/albums/album26/1aLeftside.thumb.jpg

eliminator
May 23rd, 2004, 09:09 PM
Glenn,

Good pictures, maybe we can get up that way next year. Hope you get your car sorted out soon.

Rick

ralphscott
May 23rd, 2004, 09:37 PM
Glenn nice pictures. Gee only 375,000 for CSX3252! I bet it was fun. I've been to Carlisle s few times for the All Ford event. Always spend too much $$. I think it would be fun to go up for the replicar show and see all the new stuff. It is a great to compare Unique quality to the others, makes one feel good. Glad you enjoyed the time and the compliments to the cars mentioned including your own are well deserved.

Ralph #9361

clayfoushee
May 24th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Great pics Glenn.....sorry I had to be out-of-town and miss an event right in my backyard.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Brent
May 24th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Great pics Glenn, Thanks for posting them!

I bet that dash drew alot of attention. There is a thread on CC about the show and it mentions and shows pics of every Cobra Replica company except Unique. Yet, when a Unique ventures out of the pit to play with other snakes, it always seems to win. I LOVE IT!!

Brent

clayfoushee
May 24th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Brent, yeah that really pissed me off, and I posted a note directed at Computerworks. I suspect it's because the Weavers don't advertise on CC, and they are decidely biased against Unique. Might be nice if someone mentioned Rick's wins at SAAC. We need to gang up on them over there.

Can someone post some pics over there?

Clay

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
May 24th, 2004, 10:01 AM
glenn, i bet the smile is still on your face. brian

eliminator
May 24th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Clay,

Today I am not on Ron's list of Favorite People[}:)], he has been avoiding your post. My opinion, if your a man you can answer one way or the other for all your actions, right or wrong. He is in his own little world with KMP (whatever) in the garage while were driving our Unique's:D:D. My guess you hit the nail on the head.

Rick

eliminator
May 24th, 2004, 10:21 PM
You also need to know that on Sunday at Carlise, Kit Car Magazine released the July issue with 2 Unique Cars Featured on the front cover. I am sure the industry was just a little bit envious about that deal.

Rick

clayfoushee
May 24th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the support over there Rick. He did respond with something about how he was only showing pictures of the "broadest interest" to most people. Yeah right....... I just shot another one back.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

ToyCollector
May 25th, 2004, 05:56 AM
So is that a real apology on CC?

1. I personally know Ron Richards having spent days with him at DVSFIII and at the Kirkham Open House. He is the last one to be biased in running a forum and I think does a great job keeping the place in order. Brent get's the advertising $, not the moderators. The moderators work for FREE. He is interested in ALL things Cobra/Shelby.

2. I was at the Unique homecoming this year and enjoyed touring the facility and looking at all the cars in attendance. As a group, I have to say the level of detail many, if not all of you, displayed there is top notch. I posted pics of Brent's engine bay, Bittentoo's paint on several sites as I found them to be of interest to the broad audience I was writing to, BTW, many of them non-Unique owners.

Sadly, I have seen this happen in the motorcycle world as it matured. We are all in the same hobby. Ice cream comes in many flavors and price ranges. We need to stick together and work on common issues such as SB100 and all other insurance and regulatory issues that threaten this hobby and industry. It would be time better spent.

Brent
May 25th, 2004, 07:04 AM
TC,

I am glad you post here. Some people in the "Cobra community" are just a class act and benefit the entire replica group.

Brent

computerworks
May 25th, 2004, 07:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by clayfoushee

Brent, yeah that really pissed me off, and I posted a note directed at Computerworks. I suspect it's because the Weavers don't advertise on CC, and they are decidely biased against Unique. Might be nice if someone mentioned Rick's wins at SAAC. We need to gang up on them over there.

Can someone post some pics over there?

quote:Originally posted by eliminator

Clay,

Today I am not on Ron's list of Favorite People[}:)], he has been avoiding your post. My opinion, if your a man you can answer one way or the other for all your actions, right or wrong. He is in his own little world with KMP (whatever) in the garage while were driving our Unique's:D:D. My guess you hit the nail on the head.

Hello guys...
I think this issue needs a word or two over here. I know (or I think I know) we put it to bed on CC, but I don't want any bad blood, OK?

The omission of any Unique pictures was innocent. There is no bias at work here....and certainly because they don't financially support the CC forum. You are seeing ghosts.

I also left out pics of B&B and Backdraft and Shamrock and.... etc.
Also, there were no Kirkham pictures either. :D The ten or so that I posted were enough to give a sampler to the guys who missed it... that's all.

You want more exposure on CC for Unique, then continue posting and discussing their fine cars. CC has 10,000 members....175 say the have a Unique and 133 members with Uniques actively post.

Glenn put up some good shots of the Unique display on this thread...want me to link a few over on CC?

Boys, there's no foul here.

Rick...you're not off the list...but I did make a note that sometimes you may say things you really don't mean or think through. [^]...

Don't let any hard feelings fester...there's none here with me.
(oh, if you need me, Rick...I'll be in the garage)[8D]

clayfoushee
May 25th, 2004, 07:32 AM
TC,

Yes, it was a REAL apology. Upon reflection, I was having a bad day, and shouldn't have implied that Ron was biased. I am an admirer of what he contributes to the Cobra community. That's one of those posts, that you'd like to have back. When I get my gold trophy, I'll have the luxury of deleting my posts, or better yet, I could just keep my mouth shut!

I couldn't agree more, and I wish there weren't so many flame-throwers over there. I certainly don't want to be one of them.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

clayfoushee
May 25th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Thanks for posting here Ron. My apology over there was indeed sincere.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

ToyCollector
May 25th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Clay, no worries. My post above was written with a little steam coming from my ears as well, and I have been known to stir the pot over there with the best (or should that be worst?) of them, and your apology is accepted and behind us. We've all done it. For giggles, go read TURK's posts from about 3 years ago! I wanted to let it die over there Let's go have some fun!

bittentoo
May 25th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Clay, 10 minutes of time out in the corner[V]:D

And good lord! What do we have to do to keep this Foushee cars running[xx(]

ToyCollector
May 25th, 2004, 11:12 AM
BTW, the gold trophy does not let one delete posts once they have been replied to. Don't ask me how I know :D. Based on the level of advertising on CC, I am not contributing this year.

clayfoushee
May 25th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Kelly, it runs just fine....just dripping gas all over the dang pavement!

Toy Collector....didn't know that....just what someone else told me. I did contribute because I've received a lot of help over there and wanted to give back. The last thing I expected to be was controversial.....just was trying to express a perception I've heard verbally from a lot of Unique people about CC.

It really wasn't about Ron (Computerworks), but a cumulative perception over my time there. I think Kirkhams and ERAs are very nice products, but I also think Unique's are too. It's very easy to be misunderstood over there on CC, and the gang mentality of the "inner circle club" can be ugly. That's OK, I was fine with taking my lumps, and my apology was sincere because Ron didn't deserve to be the target by simply posting his pictures of Carlisle. I was clearly out of line.

Guess I found myself on the point of the spear..........[B)]. I've been there many times in my real career too[xx(]

Clay

Annapolis, MD

eliminator
May 25th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Glad to see Ron's post on the site. No bad blood and he has addressed the issue and it's put to bed. I know we all get carried away sometimes, especially ME. So I am glad Ron has the same passion for cars as all of us and it's good that he is in the Garage with the KMP car. One day some of us will meet up with him, and as we all know a little personal time is worth way more than screen time. TC good job of defusing the issue.

Rick

Silk
May 26th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Glen,

Thanks for posting the pics. Jim Harding, Allen Caskie and I were there from the Capital Area Cobra Club with Uniques. Sorry I didn't get to meet you.

A bunch of us drove up from Virginia Friday morning and had the distinct pleasure of driving in rain all the way up to Carlisle plus the thrill of motoring straight trough a severe thunder storm somewhere in the Maryland countryside. Gotta love those itty bitty wipers, especially since most of the water accumulates on the inside of the windshield! :( Oh well, I suppose my chassis is cleaner as a result. [8D] [8D]

For those of us who weren't able to make Homecoming, it was a great opportunity to catch up with Alan and Maurice. And as Glen said, lots of different manufacturers and many, many outstanding cars were there - and yet once again I came away feeling absolutely satisfied that I made the perfect choice with Unique. What a great car and what great people!!!

PS I would add, however, that the black, all business Pantera making 650 horses looked mighty intriguing. [}:)] :D

Gary
Unique FIA 351W

rdorman
May 26th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Can we have some more pictures of the Corral Girls? Some pretty damn good lines on those rides!
Rick

Brent
May 26th, 2004, 03:35 AM
Yeah Rick, Surely your wife was able to snap a pic of the trophy ceremony. Can we see her....I mean it ?

Brent

gasman
May 26th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Ron, Welcome to the Unique forum! We are happy to have you here :D You asked a question that no one has responded to, so I will. I think it would be great if you could link Glenn's photos over to the CC site.

And yes, he aint heavy...he's my brother.

Steve Foushee

rdorman
May 26th, 2004, 04:43 AM
I didn't get to go, hence the request! I saw one picture, but more is good. 'just because you are on a diet, doesn't mean you can't read the menu'. When I stop 'reading the menu', bury me. I am dead.
Rick

pgermond
May 28th, 2004, 09:53 AM
I've been over on the north coast of California for a week..... looks like you guys got'em stirred up over on CC [^]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

gasman
May 28th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Wow Phil, that was a tough assignment, huh? Did you have a little vino while you were there?

Steve Foushee

pgermond
May 28th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Can you say, "Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino"? Yep, sampled some of their finest... along with rack of lamp, prawns, abolone, and everything else on the menu [^] We spent five days in Gualala, which is in between the village of Mendocino (to the north) and Sea Ranch (to the south).

Yeah, tough duty, the weather was peeeeeeeeeerfect... and we got out of there just before the Memorial Day onslaught [8D]

Mon-o-man, you really got the fur flying on CC :D ata-boy [:P]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

gasman
May 28th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Phil, sounds like your trip/vacation was the trip of a life time. Glad you had peeerfect weather. The "fur flying" wasn't planned or intentional. I wish I could figure out why we don't have a common thread in our cars. So much B.S.

Steve Foushee

pgermond
May 28th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Jealousy is a terrible thing :D:D:D (I'm speaking of CC, of course)

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

gasman
May 28th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Phil, Maybe I'll sign in over there as Rodney King and ask the immortal question....Why can't we all just get along? :D

Steve Foushee

gasman
May 28th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Heck with this, lets go log some miles!

Steve Foushee

ToyCollector
May 29th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Stop posting to this thread. You done filled up my mailbox. STOP it. [^]

gasman
May 29th, 2004, 09:45 PM
okay [:o)]

Steve Foushee