PDA

View Full Version : CC and Family Honor

clayfoushee
May 25th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Well, even though I got completely flamed (and attacked as an a$$hole by literally the biggest Gashole, Jamo, of them all) over on CC for trying to express my views on the Unique family and product, perhaps some good will come of it. We had both Computerworks and TC (CC regulars) on our site saying some very positive things.

I just noticed Ron (Computerworks) posted a picture of Tammy Capps' FIA on the forum. While I was out of line for appearing to imply that Ron was biased, and I have apologized profusely for that, perhaps some good will come of it.

Thanks to Rick Bagley and John Haynie for jumping in as well to try to help with my mis-guided attempt. I am fiercely loyal to Unique, and was willing to take the shots.

Now I'm just going to try to keep my mouth firmly shut....this is supposed to be about fun:D Sundown and Brian had it completely right on another thread........

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

ToyCollector
May 25th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Clay, my only sorrow in all this is, I think, I did not get to meet you at the homecoming as I was trying to be low key throughout. I also apologize for coming over to the site here and expressing my thoughts but many of my Cobra pals are here, and I check in frequently, and I wanted the thread to die over on CC. Have no fear or reason for attack. When people talk calmly and have no egos, perceived differences can be settled.

I was just posting on the other thread when my f#$%kin PC crashed (wish I could be a zillionaire with such a lousy product) that what worries me most is this perception of favoritism. A few months back, you will recall we had the, what I call, anti-anything Shelby, anti-SPF for bashing Shelby, throw in some anti-FFR, throw in some anti-moderators, plus some CAV rumors, and it quickly becomes a zoo of about 40 people give or take. That so dis-interests me it I can't even express it. Actually, I have gone out of my way to wean myself off of what was a serious forum habit--EXCEPT for today of course! We all need to remember it's about driving the car, building it, breaking it, fixing it, using it, showing it, insuring it, registering it, paying for it, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, waxing it [8)]. There I said it.

OK, back now :D

clayfoushee
May 25th, 2004, 08:23 PM
TC,

Thanks, sorry I didn't get to meet you as well. I saw your GT-350 (sweet car!), and went over to look at it as I have a clone. But, next thing I knew you were driving off.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

bittentoo
May 25th, 2004, 09:05 PM
TC, thanks so much for coming to the Homecoming and offering your observations on this site. Was duely noted that you were quick to post some pics of some Uniques on the gashole site. Many thanks and we all hope that you will hang around:D

Now, as for Clay, thats a different story[:O] Just kidding:D
Clay is a class act! Met him, liked him instantly, stand up guy.

Evertbody has bad days and says or does things they wish they could have back. It's easy to type words, But it's a lot harder to apologize for something that you feel passionate about. Who's to say if he was right or wrong. He chose to take the low road and avoided a big flaming war. Gained my respect big guy[^]

Who knows TC,Clay kept asking me, "What's with this Gashole stuff"?
Might have a Gashole in training:D

eliminator
May 25th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Clay,

Don't be concerned with the likes of Jamo, if his brain was as big as his a$$ he might be something.
Rick

jhaynie
May 25th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Hey hey, Clay. Easy now. Don't get me wrapped up in this. I was just asking Mr. Buckley to clarify what he said, which he did, although it did seem to tick him off a little[:P].

John

Unique 289FIA #9367
351W Fuel Injected

casaleenie
May 25th, 2004, 09:52 PM
OK, a little help here.... What did I miss?

What thread on CC are you talking about?
Bring me up to speed on this... Did a search for the thread and can't seem to find it...

AL

gasman
May 25th, 2004, 10:22 PM
I can't locate it either...I gotta read this one.

Steve Foushee

clayfoushee
May 25th, 2004, 10:23 PM
You're both on your own!

Clay

Annapolis, MD

gasman
May 26th, 2004, 01:14 AM
Clay, the guy is a lawyer...what did you expect?

Steve Foushee

ralphscott
May 26th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Clay, I just read the thread at lunch. Thanks for sticking up for Unique. Ron seems like a nice guy. But the other guy whose name I need not mention, I felt was over the top. Maybe he was having a bad day. Thanks also to the Ricks and John. Family is Family. Clearly we need to make posts to the CC site to round out the views.

Ralph

rdorman
May 26th, 2004, 03:13 AM
I NEVER have said any thing that I regret on CC;)

People seem to think I hate Shelby and some one even went so far as to blame me for SAI not coming to the Fling last year! But the only person I have ever dealt with over there was such an a$$ I will never buy a car from them.

One nice thing about some of the smaller forums, not as political.

Toycollector, coming to the Fling this year? Which toy will you be bringing this time? I wanted to get a ride with you last year in the GT350. One of my all time favorites.

Rick

clayfoushee
May 26th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Thanks all, for the kind words....now as to the leaking gas tank in my Unique.....$onofa#itch!

Clay

Annapolis, MD

gasman
May 26th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Clay, Brian had a good suggestion, drain the tank and take it to a radiator shop. They have the equipment repair and test it.

Steve Foushee

clayfoushee
May 26th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Steve, yeah I know, it's just draining and pulling the tank is a pain....I'd rather be driving through the clouds of 17 yr. cicadas around here.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
May 26th, 2004, 06:10 AM
clay, take it easy, this is supposed to be fun. it doesnt matter whether uniques horn is tooted on cc, or even here for that matter. the car speaks for itself. period. it gets plenty of respect. id elaborate, but not here. im not going to draw flames here. they can stay where they are.
on your gas tank problem, just buy one of those oil change pump things that goes on a drill and pump the tank dry. no fuss no muss. pulling the tank shouldnt be more than a 45 min job. shouldnt take more than a day being fixed. toss it back in, and youre back on line.later, brian

clayfoushee
May 26th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Thanks Brian.....no worries, just one more thing to do!

Clay

Annapolis, MD

ToyCollector
May 26th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Rick, sadly no Fling for me this year due to racing conflicts. Probably next year however.

casaleenie
May 26th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Rick is to blame for EVERYTHING:D

AL

clayfoushee
May 26th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Gasman, Rick Dorman's been around here longer than you or I.

Rick, are you and your Dad still going to be at the VI on Sat?....hope to meet you. If not, see you at DVSF. And what's this about selling your Unique and looking to build another.....haven't said what kind.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Back in Black
May 26th, 2004, 11:22 AM
You guys don't even know how to honorably flame somebody. You should've all jumped Jamo's ass for Clay's sake. You bunch of pussies.

gasman
May 26th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Don't you worry buddy boy...I jumped his ass privately...as any good arguement should be had.

Steve Foushee
checked your profile, I mean buddy girl...;)

Back in Black
May 26th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Really? Where...here? PM? Why don't you just hide behind mommy's dress while you're at it.

At least he does it in public...I'll say that for the fat basturd.

kountzecobra
May 26th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Yes BnB, what a bunch of lightweights. Jamo probably wouldn't even realize you are talking about him.

Darn, I love these cars!

casaleenie
May 26th, 2004, 11:31 AM
B in B,

Hell, Clay won't even tell us what it was about nor direct us to the thread... I might be happy to jump on Jamos butt, er let me rephrase that,I might be happy to chastise Jamo but I need to know why...

I've done seaches on the CC Forum using Clay and Jamo and still can't figure out what's going on...

AL

Back in Black
May 26th, 2004, 11:32 AM
ArmadilloHead
You'd be surprized.:D

gasman
May 26th, 2004, 11:33 AM
BnB, Jamo has a private message waiting. If he wants to make it public, that is up to him. Personally, I think it inappropriate to attack someone in a public forum.

Steve Foushee

clayfoushee
May 26th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Hey Back in Black.....I really don't want to go here again, because I genuinely think I was wrong for implying that Ron (Computerworks) was biased. Thus, I apologized, which I meant.

As for Jamo.....couldn't agree with you more. But, my apology was to Ron, not Jamo. Thanks, I think for your defense, if that's what is was[?]. Who are you, BTW...Jamo?

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Back in Black
May 26th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Hmmm...

Well, Clay, I must say I admire you. You may have been a little over the top with Ron's picture posting and you readily admitted it. Obviously Jamo was doing his "family" thing for a fellow moderator and buddy...and I note you're gentleman enough not to have carried it forward here. I believe you and that fat basturd have actually never had a cross word for each other...actually, I think he actually thinks you're ok in his book.

Course, lot's of folks try to jump in and feed a fire when it's already been put out...

And so it goes.

bittentoo
May 26th, 2004, 11:46 AM
back to black, don't come over here trying to cause trouble. Go back to that hole from wince you came:(

gasman
May 26th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Probably.

Steve Foushee

clayfoushee
May 26th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Thanks Jamo:D

See you at DVSF, I hope, and I'll buy you a beer.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

bittentoo
May 26th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Howdy kountzy! Bout time you showed up:D He's one of the good guys and a Texas Gashole brethren:D

gasman
May 26th, 2004, 11:52 AM
WELCOME NEW MEMBER BACK IN BLACK...WHATEVER YOUR MOTIVE. I got your mom's dress right here in my hand baby. ;)

Steve Foushee

Back in Black
May 26th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Yes Clay.

Couldn't log in under my name (blocked?)...figured ol BinB wouldn't mind...heck, everyone gives him hell.:D

In any event, I thought you (and others that readily jumped in) were a bit harsh on Ron...it wasn't directed at just you. Just seemed to be the wrong guy to criticize. But we exchanged our posts and Ron, always the gent, was nonplaused by the whole affair. Figured you and I were done. Others directed me here for a look see. Didn't see any particular flaming by you, and I mean none towards you.

Let's see, what would one expect...I'm a damn lawyer with an ass bigger than his brain who supposedly got a private message(NOT). :D

What's important is that you folks stick by each other... The fact you all drive one of the outstanding marques makes it all the better.

Flame on...I burn slow.;)

clayfoushee
May 26th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I appreciate it Jamo, and now I can say, Jamo, my friend. Hope I get a chance to buy you that beer.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
May 26th, 2004, 12:33 PM
deleted

clayfoushee
May 26th, 2004, 12:48 PM
OK...guys, let's just bury this one. We've all made peace.

Whether you recognized it or not, Jamo paid us all a compliment in the last line of his last message. The fact that he cared enough to come over here to see what was going on spoke volumes.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

eliminator
May 26th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Damn, after it's all said and done we will all be shaking hands,laughing, and downing brewskies together. Well thats the way it should be. I am going over to CC and post Homecoming Pictures, who wants to join me?

Rick

Brent
May 26th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Clay your right.
We should be glad he came over here and logged in under a fake name, sat in the shadows reading posts for two days, then tried to initiate negative responses by talking bad about himself and when it failed he decided to say something nice. What a stand up guy.

Brent

casaleenie
May 26th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Has a moderator ever closed a thread on this forum?

this thread looked very similiar to one that would appear on CC..

UGH!

back to the business of being a family.:)

AL

clayfoushee
May 26th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Al, this forum is un-moderated, as there's been no need.

I'm trying to close it....OK it's closed OK?

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Jim Harding
May 27th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Harrumph..... I don' think so![}:)][:O]

And as soon as I find my stick I'm gonna stir the pot:D:D

Jim Harding
La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004
http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/albums/album26/1aLeftside.thumb.jpg

pbrown
May 27th, 2004, 12:41 AM
I have verified that Back in Black is indeed Jamo. Jamo did the first part of creating an account on this site but never activated it. There was no attempt to stop his registration. I'm not sure what he is up to but he will be watched closely.

This is the first thread ever closed on this site.