PDA

View Full Version : Unique Homecoming on CC (Club Cobra)

eliminator
May 27th, 2004, 04:27 AM
I have posted a new thread with a few pictures over on the CC (Club Cobra) Site. Add some to it so others can see the fun we had:D:D.

Rick

Brent
May 27th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Rick, I did not find the thread. Can you post a link here for it and we will FILL IT UP!!!!!

Great idea

Brent

gasman
May 27th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Brent it was at the very bottom of the page a few minutes ago. It is probably on the second page now.

Steve Foushee

gasman
May 27th, 2004, 05:30 AM
http://www.clubcobra.com/t54139.html

Steve Foushee

Jim Harding
May 27th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Steve..... D S C C ..... = .... Deep South Cobra Club

Jim Harding
La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004
http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/albums/album26/1aLeftside.thumb.jpg

gasman
May 27th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Oh, excuse my bad.

Steve Foushee

Jim Harding
May 27th, 2004, 06:04 AM
No problem..... I'd have given you the link but I can't find it now;)

EDIT: Fount it..... http://www.deepsouthcobraclub.com/low/index.htm

Jim Harding
La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004

Jim Harding
May 27th, 2004, 06:11 AM
Hmmmmm.. can't seem to find the post there either. Where is it Rick? Looks like that site hasn't seen any recent action in weeks!

Jim Harding
La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004

Brent
May 28th, 2004, 01:48 AM
OK time for me to be an a$$hole.

Everybody complained that Unique did not get the coverage and respect it deserves on CC. We wanted pictures of Uniques posted and to not be left out.

So, Rick starts a thread on CC about the Unique Homecoming, posts pics, we have a link to it and what happens?????? NOTHING!

Brent

gasman
May 28th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Right on Brent! My pictures are of small detail areas that do not do justice to the cars. I have a few that I will post later this evening. While we are over there, it is also a good idea to shower the Kit Car Magazine with our acolades as well.

Steve Foushee

Although it was a mistake, the thread for CC is listed above on a previous post.

Brent
May 28th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Gasman, .......DONE!

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54166

Let it be known!

Brent

clayfoushee
May 28th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Brent, I took the point the first time with only a couple backing me up (my platoon must have gotten lost on the way to the front:D).....someone else's turn. Besides, forgot my digital camera when packing for Gadsden.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Brent
May 28th, 2004, 03:42 AM
:D:D:D

No problem

Brent

gasman
May 28th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Okay, I posted my two cents worth...kinda feel like a virgin over there, expecting someone to call me Mr. 3 poster any minute.

Steve Foushee

clayfoushee
May 28th, 2004, 04:01 AM
If you get off with just "Mr. 3-poster" you'll be lucky indeed:D

Clay

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
May 28th, 2004, 04:37 AM
like i said in an earlier post " i have never left a post at cc and probably never will" i feel no need to defend myself, my car, or unique. to those of you who feel they must, go for it. i just hope some of the comments, attacks. and tactics that go on over there, never come here. my apologies in advance for this post,(if i pissed anybody off) but i had to say it. brian

gasman
May 28th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Brian, I don't get the feeling any of us feel we need to defend our selection of who reproduced our Cobra. Unique Motor cars are incredible products and we have a strong affection for them and the Weavers. We want others who are thinking about what to buy to know what we know and there is only one way to tell them. Get on the forum.

Steve Foushee

brfutbrian
May 28th, 2004, 11:11 AM
steve, from where im standing, this thread is starting to go down the same path our first locked thread went down. like i stated in the closed thread, unique and the weavers get plenty of respect, its just not talked about a whole lot over on cc. i also think that anybody whos really serious about getting into one of these cars will not overlook unique. whether anyone driving another brand of car want to admit unique makes a great car or not, is of little interest to me. i know the truth. you know it too. i just dont want this forum to turn into some ugly monster. brian

clayfoushee
May 28th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Brian,

I understand what you're saying, but I don't detect any ugliness here. The first thread was locked down because outsiders entered, and I requested that we end it. Patrick heeded my request.

It was MY mistake to imply that there was bias associated with Ron's converage of Carlisle on CC. Shortly after I posted it, I knew I was going to regret it, and I did. Thus, the entry of Jamo and other outsiders was predictable. But, they quickly became respectful and backed off. It lasted less than a day, and there are certainly no hard feelings.

The posts and pictures over on CC of the Unique Homecoming and coverage in Kit Car magazine have not attracted any ugliness, and I think have been helpful in bringing (positive) attention to Unique. It has been my observation that Unique owners do not participate in that forum as actively as some of the others. It's not about competition, per se, it's about giving a quality product its just due.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

gasman
May 28th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Well said buddy man;)

Steve Foushee

brfutbrian
May 28th, 2004, 01:44 PM
clay, i dont see any ugliness here either. i only want it to stay that way. theres been a few things said both here, and on cc that never should have been said. this is a great forum and ive been here a long time, since the orginal forum, not this version. it bothered me to actually see a thread have to be closed. i just dont ever want to see another have to be closed. though i watch all the the best attacks on cc, and meat vs the world on the now defunct cobraforum, good entertainment, i dont want that here. and jamos post when he finnally reavealed himself was nothing but class,and showed you the kind of respect you were looking for, though you didnt realize it was already there. i know ricks pics have drawn no flames and i think its great some of you post there. but i wont post there. later, brian