PDA

View Full Version : charging system shows discharging

Rick
June 2nd, 2004, 11:34 AM
hello everyone. I need some input on my ammeter showing discharge as the rpm incresses. Show 0 at idle. car still runs with battery disconected. I thinking regulator. BUT why does it discharge increass with higher RPM's. wireing is correct its by the manual.

Ricky A. Carter

Poorboy
June 2nd, 2004, 01:10 PM
Rick,
The ammeter may be wired backwards. Don't start the engine, just turn the switch to on and turn on the headlites. See if the ammeter shows charge, if it does the ammeter is backwards.

Poorboy

Rick
June 3rd, 2004, 08:49 AM
checked it with the manual all was correct. I call unique some not all of the manuals are back word. Thanks for you input. The gage is show 30 amps discharge. So that would be the same amps charging after changing the connection. Is that about correct with the acc on?

Ricky A. Carter

dmiller
June 3rd, 2004, 10:02 AM
my amp meter senses reverse. even after confirming the wiring was correct. i decided that it wasn't a big deal, i know which way is up, (sometimes) and don't want to remove instrument panel and wire it again.

doug

eliminator
June 3rd, 2004, 09:15 PM
Rick,

First female builder we have had on the forum, I think. Are you building a car or working on an existing car?

Rick

Rick
June 4th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Ok That ones on me.[xx(] If i was a female i could spell better. I'm a male My profile was incorrect. So lets all have big laugh on me.
I am currently finishing a Unigue 427 with a 351 SVO built by Dutton performace. wellington AL. outside of Gadston. The car was at homecoming 2004 but my temp guage was not working so i didn't go on the cruise.

Ricky A. Carter

eliminator
June 4th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Rick,

Glad you got your profile fixed, havn't ran into to many female Ricks:D.

Rick

Brent
June 4th, 2004, 02:07 AM
I figured it was a mistake because Bitten had not offered to take "Ricky" for a ride.

Brent

ralphscott
June 4th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Welcome aboard Rick. This is a great group.

Ralph 4279361 (no not my VIN # its what is printed on my shirt)