PDA

View Full Version : Sun Visor and Wind wings

Scott McDowell
July 15th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Does anyone have any pictures of how they put together the brackets for their sun visors and wind wings? Did you put the bracket on the top or bottom of the visor, etc? I thought I would remember after looking at so many Cobras but I must be getting old. (Or maybe its the effect of the carpet glue fumes).

Thanks
Scott

clayfoushee
July 15th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Send me your email, I have a couple I took for someone else. They're too large to upload here, and I don't have time to photoshop them right now. E-mail sent via this site doesn't allow attachments.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

eliminator
July 15th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Scott,

Will have to take pictures for you. There was only one way they were put on. Most cars are incorrect. I see some with correct windwings and the visors are wrong and vice versa. And some all wrong. Mine was one of them until Butch Capps got me corrected.

Rick

Brent
July 15th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Actually the wind wings look better if they are installed incorrect. The open part of the bracket is hidden and the smooth polished side is exposed when they are put on wrong.

Just my .02 cents worth

Brent

gasman
July 15th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Brent, I tend to agree, mine are installed improperly but they don't have complete range of motion installed the way you suggest.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

Copper01
July 15th, 2004, 11:10 AM
I'll be interested in seeing 'Liminator's pictures myself. I got a look at some other Unique's and put mine together accordingly, but you never know...[?]

One thing I can tell you for sure, whatever you do, don't put Loctite on the screws or nuts. I have some personal experience with that :( and can tell you that Loctite will most certainly fracture the plexiglas before the next morning. Sadly, I turned out to be a two trial learner on that one. Measure twice, cut once...

Ben
Unique 427
SA 427SO w/ Toploader
Guardsman Blue w/ White Stripes

pgermond
July 20th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Hey!!!

Just remembered we were promised some photos of correct config, What happened? Better be careful Rick - - My memory just kicked in for an hour two ;)

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

eliminator
July 21st, 2004, 05:32 AM
I apologize, it's been wild at work [|)]. I have been playing with the big brakes on front of the car. Hopefully I have that all taken care of. One problem was a R/F wheel seal leaking and getting wheel bearing grease on the pads. So I pulled everything and used Red Line's wheel bearing grease, you can get this stuff hot and it stays put. Replaced both seals and installed new pads, plus some other tweaking;) I will get the camera out tonight and get caught up[^].
Wind Wing
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/eliminator/Cobra Build 005.jpg
Front View
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/eliminator/Cobra Build 007.jpg
Visors
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/eliminator/Cobra Build 006.jpg

Rick

eliminator
July 23rd, 2004, 05:45 AM
Will re-shoot the visor, too dark and not close enough.

Rick

WBofTN
July 23rd, 2004, 07:05 AM
WOW - Look at all that wax and polish on Rick's shelves[:O][8D]
Wes

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

Scott McDowell
July 23rd, 2004, 07:51 AM
Thanks to everyone for the pictures.

Will the soft top still fit with the wind wings and visors?

Scott

clayfoushee
July 23rd, 2004, 08:03 AM
That's good Rick...you put 'em on the correct way.:D

Yes Scott, it's hard to see from the picture, but the brackets are fairly flush with the top of the windshield with the visor tilted to the completely horizontal (level) position.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

rdorman
July 23rd, 2004, 08:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by WBofTN

WOW - Look at all that wax and polish on Rick's shelves[:O][8D]
Wes

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

I keep mine in a drawer so they can't be seen!

It never occurred to me that the hardware could be backwards. That may explain why I have to take the windwings off in order to put the soft top on! Oh the obviousness of it all.

Rick