PDA

View Full Version : It's never gonna stop.....

casaleenie
July 17th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I swear to God, it's never gonna stop raining in Ohio... I'm sitting home on a Saturday watching it rain (again).
I've just about had it... Yesterday I even thought about selling the car because I'm tired of getting caught in either a hail storm or rain or snow....[B)]Maybe tomorrow the sun will shine and I'll forget all about this crappy weather... Nope, not a chance... I'm sure it'll rain...
That's all the whining for now...

later,

AL

pgermond
July 17th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Al,

My sympathies to you. While we don't have the rain here this time of year, we do have the heat, which can (and does) impede driving. The one saving grace is if you get up early, which is what I like to do, you can get a few decent hours in before every moron on the face of the earth hits the road. Another positive is no black-n-whites. The negative is you may run into a leftover partygoer from the night before [xx(]. We're planning on getting out of here tomorrow for a ride around 6:30 AM (the neighbors hate me :D), have breakfast up the hill, and getting back before 10. Then head up to look take another look at the pups in something with A/C [8D]

Again, I sympathize, but...... DON'T sell the car because of the weather!!! ;)

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Master
July 18th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Al, I live in Cincy and feel your pain. It seems that every weekend we have rain.:(

Scott

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

ralphscott
July 18th, 2004, 05:16 PM
In good old East TN it rains and rains almost every day and with temps in the high 80's and low 90's we don't need a sauna. We have had more rain this summer than I ever recall. My sprinkler system has been on just a few times this whole summer. Naturally there is an inverse relationship between rain and my taking Lil' Cobra out. So I work on Lil' Cobra instead. It only took 2 weeks to get my schedule and a non rainy time coordinated so I could time the engine! (can't do it in the garage sets off the fire alarm and I can't hear the alarm for the pipes. Firemen do like the car!! Crazy!!

Ralph

Mike Geddes
July 19th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Al...I'm suffering from the the same 'rain pain' you are.( Canada)
I figure for the ammount of time I've had the car out it's cost me about
$40 an hour in insurance.
Mike

Mike Geddes

Brent
July 19th, 2004, 07:28 AM
I have actually not missed much good driving weather while the car has been apart. Good/Bad..........Hope it clears up now !

Brent

casaleenie
July 19th, 2004, 02:31 PM
The weather is beautiful today..... MUST BE MONDAY!!!!!!!:(

AL

Brent
July 19th, 2004, 02:50 PM
:D:D:D:D:D

YEP.

All week long :(

Brent

chris knueven
July 19th, 2004, 10:13 PM
casaleenie,
i left columbus fri in beautiful weather for a run to pittsburgh,
had a great drive,some friends and i were going drag racing sat........
needless to say we had that pi$$y rain all day sat in pittsburgh,
i did get the valves adjusted on mine and my friends unique and that was the extent of our sat. i did sneak back to columbus without getting rained
on sun,but what a crappy weekend. oh well,hopefully the weather is clear
the end of this week cause i'm on vacation and really want to take the car to oshkosh........i guess we will see.......
like we say here in ohio...wait 5 minutes,the weather will change...
chris

casaleenie
July 20th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Chris,

What's going on in Oskosh??? EAA possibly?
My grandmother and my aunt lived one street apart and both streets dead ended at Whitman Field in Oskosh... Lots of great memories and next door to one of the best shows in the world.
Hoping the weather is great...

AL

ralphscott
July 20th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Good news from East TN great weather hence my absence from the site--on the road again.....

Ralph

pgermond
July 20th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Might as well be raining here - we're headed for triple digits over the next several days [xx(]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

chris knueven
July 20th, 2004, 10:20 PM
al,
could just possibly be the eaa airshow :). this is my 6th year in
a row and i am hooked. the weather is looking good,but the rain gear
is in the trunk just in case,a little rain will slow me down but not
stop me!!!! gotta get there........