PDA

View Full Version : Remote brake bias adjustment

pgermond
July 21st, 2004, 07:38 PM
Eliminator,

This past fall/winter when I was dealing with my challenges getting the bias adjusted properly, you mentioned that you had a set-up for a remote brake bias adjustment on your car that was mounted somewhere on your dash. Is my recollection accurate and, if so, would you mind re-posting the details?

Thanks!!!

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

weaver
July 22nd, 2004, 05:40 AM
Wilwood offers a brake bias remote that locates on the dash or can be hidden under the dash, we sell them for $60.00 including shipping. I use them on all our cars, it makes it so much easier to adjust the bias.

Alan

eliminator
July 22nd, 2004, 06:12 AM
Phil,

Basically you take the jam nut off the brake bias rod adjuster and put Wilwood's remote adjuster cable on, cut it to the correct length and install the knob and braket. It has click adjustments. I have mine mounted on a fabricated aluminum bracket that is mounted to the steel structure under the dash. It's in the area to the right of my right leg, easy to get to, and dosn't "junk" up the dash. Finished with my brake work last night, so I will be bleeding brakes and working in that area. I promise to take pictures and post tomorrow for sure. I like it, easy to adjust, and no crawling under the dash and up in the footbox area.

Rick

pgermond
July 22nd, 2004, 06:35 AM
Thanks!

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

eliminator
July 23rd, 2004, 05:27 AM
This shows the bias knob and the cable going into the peddle assembly.
Note, the knob has the direction of rotation for removing or adding front brake balance. The other thing you see is my heater duct for the drivers compartment.
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/eliminator/Cobra Build 002.jpg
The cable is inside the larger black cable cover.
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/eliminator/Cobra Build 003.jpg

Rick

pgermond
July 23rd, 2004, 06:26 AM
Rick - Thanks for these and the others of the wings & visors.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

ralphscott
July 23rd, 2004, 02:56 PM
Rick really neat. Thanks for the photos

Ralph